ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

hahaha

Apple lawyers tried to argue that it would be impossible to update the apology in any less than two weeks

Judge needs to tell Apple to STFU and play ball.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven

said by ArrayList:

Apple lawyers tried to argue that it would be impossible to update the apology in any less than two weeks

OMG. They can't update their update to have an actual apology letter? Bullsh*t. They just don't want to.

Like I said, they won't apologize for anything since everything they make is "crafted by the gods", which would make the design team at Apple gods, eh? Whatever.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to ArrayList

Premium Member

to ArrayList
said by ArrayList:

Until massive multi-million $ fines are involved, Apple will drag their feet. The judge gave them 48 hours. He should fine them $1 million/hr for every hour they don't comply.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to ArrayList

Premium Member

to ArrayList
said by ArrayList:

$1b a day its not changed would get them to up that forecast. And since Apple has piles of cash even $14b if they took two weeks is nothing to them at all.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
contempt of court usually results in jail time and/or a fine.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by ArrayList:

Until massive multi-million $ fines are involved, Apple will drag their feet. The judge gave them 48 hours. He should fine them $1 million/hr for every hour they don't comply.

naw really play hardball $100 million/hr. Apple can afford it no problem.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN

Chubbysumo to SimbaSeven

to SimbaSeven
It took them less than 24 hours to put the original up, it cannot take more than that. They are just trying to buy time to come up with a more spun version of it that says "im sorry", without actually saying im sorry.

RR206
join:2001-12-11
united state

RR206 to FFH5

to FFH5
Except Apple can cause a lot more financial damage to UK (and some to themselves) than UK can to Apple. I'd do it if it wasn't for the pesky shareholders crying wolf.

When you get the clout & bank of Apple, you can tell silly judges to pound sand. It's an earned privilege as far as I'm concerned.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

1 recommendation

Cheese

Premium Member

I think hefty, daily fines would hurt Apple a wee bit.

Privilege telling a JUDGE off? LOL, go ahead, try that sometime, let us know how that works out for you

You aren't very bright are you?
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to RR206

Premium Member

to RR206
Actually in the UK and the EU Apple has minimal if any pull. That is why the courts where able to rule against them in the Samsung cases. The judges did not have to fear angering paid off political types that would end their life as a judge. A bit different than California where Apple could have responded to a negative ruling by moving its HQ to another state instead of building the new structure with in Cuppertino.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to ArrayList

Premium Member

to ArrayList
said by ArrayList:

contempt of court usually results in jail time and/or a fine.

That doesn't work for corporations.. you can't lock up a corporation, and they're certainly not going to impose jail time for a farce apology demand. At most there would be a fine imposed, again, against the corporation.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

they can go after the top representative of the company in the UK though. Contempt is not out of bounds. The corporate bigshots shouldn't be able to hide just because it is a corporation. They should take charge of getting this taken care of and be done with it. The judge isn't amused.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to RR206

to RR206
said by RR206:

Except Apple can cause a lot more financial damage to UK (and some to themselves) than UK can to Apple. I'd do it if it wasn't for the pesky shareholders crying wolf.

Is this supposed to be a joke? It is pretty darn funny.

RR206
join:2001-12-11
united state

RR206 to Cheese

to Cheese
I don't have Apple's bank, so I can't, oh bright one.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

Apple does not have a lot of bank or firepower outside of the US and China. The US because they can purchase our political systems and China because their products employ so many workers.

What could they do in the UK? threaten to close the Apple stores in the malls?

Certainly isnt like Apple would ever build anything in the western world, Western workers expect things like a reasonable paycheck. that would eat into 300% profit per device.
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer to ArrayList

Premium Member

to ArrayList
It is time that states start exercising the good-behavior clauses in their corporate charter laws. In essence, they are a 'death penalty' for corporate evil doers. I think large fines would be more appropriate in this particular (Apple contempt) case but enforcing the corporate death penalty would likely deter businesses from ignoring environmental, safety, consumer protection, and all the other laws they feel are annoying impediments to their God-given right to earn profits.

No doubt Texas would be executing corporations left and right but I would be Ok with that

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

Maybe it's me, but looks like Apple just removed the link from the site and didn't update it? Anyone else seeing this?

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 edit

FFH5 to ArrayList

Premium Member

to ArrayList

Apple posts NEW apology in UK

»news.cnet.com/8301-13579 ··· 1_3-0-20

Here is what the apology says:

On 9th July 2012 the High Court of Justice of England and Wales ruled that Samsung Electronic (UK) Limited's Galaxy Tablet Computer, namely the Galaxy Tab 10.1, Tab 8.9 and Tab 7.7 do not infringe Apple's registered design No. 0000181607-0001. A copy of the full judgment of the High court is available on the following link www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Patents/2012/1882.html. That Judgment has effect throughout the European Union and was upheld by the Court of Appeal on 18 October 2012. A copy of the Court of Appeal's judgment is available on the following link www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2012/1339.html. There is no injunction in respect of the registered design in force anywhere in Europe.

Doesn't sound like an apology to me. Just that they lost a court case.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

it also isn't very prominent.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven to FFH5

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

Doesn't sound like an apology to me. Just that they lost a court case.

I don't think Apple knows how to apologize.