FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to ArrayList

Re: hahaha

said by ArrayList:

Apple lawyers tried to argue that it would be impossible to update the apology in any less than two weeks

Judge needs to tell Apple to STFU and play ball.

Until massive multi-million $ fines are involved, Apple will drag their feet. The judge gave them 48 hours. He should fine them $1 million/hr for every hour they don't comply.
--
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_home/
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-plat···onalism/

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Evanston, IL

contempt of court usually results in jail time and/or a fine.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

said by ArrayList:

Apple lawyers tried to argue that it would be impossible to update the apology in any less than two weeks

Judge needs to tell Apple to STFU and play ball.

Until massive multi-million $ fines are involved, Apple will drag their feet. The judge gave them 48 hours. He should fine them $1 million/hr for every hour they don't comply.

naw really play hardball $100 million/hr. Apple can afford it no problem.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

RR206

join:2001-12-11
united state
reply to FFH

Except Apple can cause a lot more financial damage to UK (and some to themselves) than UK can to Apple. I'd do it if it wasn't for the pesky shareholders crying wolf.

When you get the clout & bank of Apple, you can tell silly judges to pound sand. It's an earned privilege as far as I'm concerned.

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

1 recommendation

I think hefty, daily fines would hurt Apple a wee bit.

Privilege telling a JUDGE off? LOL, go ahead, try that sometime, let us know how that works out for you

You aren't very bright are you?

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to RR206

Actually in the UK and the EU Apple has minimal if any pull. That is why the courts where able to rule against them in the Samsung cases. The judges did not have to fear angering paid off political types that would end their life as a judge. A bit different than California where Apple could have responded to a negative ruling by moving its HQ to another state instead of building the new structure with in Cuppertino.
--

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to ArrayList

said by ArrayList:

contempt of court usually results in jail time and/or a fine.

That doesn't work for corporations.. you can't lock up a corporation, and they're certainly not going to impose jail time for a farce apology demand. At most there would be a fine imposed, again, against the corporation.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Evanston, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

they can go after the top representative of the company in the UK though. Contempt is not out of bounds. The corporate bigshots shouldn't be able to hide just because it is a corporation. They should take charge of getting this taken care of and be done with it. The judge isn't amused.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to RR206

said by RR206:

Except Apple can cause a lot more financial damage to UK (and some to themselves) than UK can to Apple. I'd do it if it wasn't for the pesky shareholders crying wolf.

Is this supposed to be a joke? It is pretty darn funny.

RR206

join:2001-12-11
united state
reply to Cheese

I don't have Apple's bank, so I can't, oh bright one.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
Mullica Hill, NJ

Apple does not have a lot of bank or firepower outside of the US and China. The US because they can purchase our political systems and China because their products employ so many workers.

What could they do in the UK? threaten to close the Apple stores in the malls?

Certainly isnt like Apple would ever build anything in the western world, Western workers expect things like a reasonable paycheck. that would eat into 300% profit per device.
--

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2
reply to ArrayList

It is time that states start exercising the good-behavior clauses in their corporate charter laws. In essence, they are a 'death penalty' for corporate evil doers. I think large fines would be more appropriate in this particular (Apple contempt) case but enforcing the corporate death penalty would likely deter businesses from ignoring environmental, safety, consumer protection, and all the other laws they feel are annoying impediments to their God-given right to earn profits.

No doubt Texas would be executing corporations left and right but I would be Ok with that

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Maybe it's me, but looks like Apple just removed the link from the site and didn't update it? Anyone else seeing this?