spc
Search similar:

uniqs

allguud
@charter.com

allguud

Anon

Charter issued SMCD3G issue

I have a Charter issued SMCD3G modem/router and I can not seem to access the configuration page to complete port forwarding for a new peer to peer program that I am running. I have tried every imaginable default ip that I know of or can find online and all I get is redirected to the Charter search page. Is this something Charter blocks? I can not seem to find anything anywhere that suggests this. Any help would be helpful.
duffman45200
join:2010-09-20

duffman45200

I have the same issues with my DDM352 modem. It was suggested to me to try and start the modem without the coax cable plugged in and see if you can get into it then, but I never tried it.

allguud
@charter.com

allguud

Anon

I do not have a choice but to access it. I must have port forwarding on for the work I do and if Charter can not provide the service I need then I will have to find another option.

I have been on the phone all day but of course, because it is a business account that I do not have all of the information to, they can not help me....

I could choke someone right about now.
allguud

allguud to duffman45200

Anon

to duffman45200
BTW, I tried disconnecting the cable and I still could not connect to the router. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE to allguud

Premium Member

to allguud
Post in the Charter Direct board: »/fo ··· erdirect
kruser
Premium Member
join:2002-06-01
Eastern MO

kruser to allguud

Premium Member

to allguud
said by allguud :

I do not have a choice but to access it. I must have port forwarding on for the work I do and if Charter can not provide the service I need then I will have to find another option.

I have been on the phone all day but of course, because it is a business account that I do not have all of the information to, they can not help me....

I could choke someone right about now.

AFAIK, Charter locks the user out of the business routers.
You must call CBN (Charter Business Networks) and have them setup your port forwards.
And yes, you will need the account credentials to prove you are who you say you are. For all they know, they could be opening ports so you could hack into someones network if you are not authorized. I'm not saying that is your intention but it is a rule put in place to protect the business customer.

With that said, I always thought they should give the business customer full access if asked to do such. Even just the line stats can be helpful info at times.
As it is, you must call CBN. They are open 24x7 I think so even at 3AM if you need a port forward, you call them.
I think (not positive) they will put their router into a DMZ type mode so the public IP appears at your routers WAN port and you then use your own router and do as you please. I'm not sure they can do a true bridge setup though.
I'd much rather do that and take control with my own router so I can change things on the fly as I need.

I have known some business customers who did get access into their Charter supplied routers but that was a few years ago.

Good luck getting the changes made!