Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
kudos:11
reply to bbarrera

Re: Destination unreachable, USG20 confused

You two are ober-geeks! wifi connected scale ... geeks!

bbarrera
Premium,MVM
join:2000-10-23
Sacramento, CA
kudos:1
I like my stats and graphs! Use RunKeeper for tracking exercise, and FitBit feeds weights from scale into RunKeeper.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
Sure, when your about 80 you will look back and wonder, what the heck was I doing with all that geek stats stuff. I should have been reading a good book instead.

Kirby Smith

join:2001-01-26
Derry, NH
Or warming Canada's chilly climate with llama flatulence.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
reply to bbarrera
I am with bbarrera. Reading a tech manual, stats, and graphs are intriguing.

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus

join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to dnoyeB
I like my graphs and data. Keeps me subconsciously conscious of what direction I'm heading.

I put a TP-Link AP in router mode and let the scale connect to that. I don't have any problems with it now. The ARP only happens between the scale and the other device on the segment that needs to talk to it. Putting a NATing router between the Aria and the USG broke that segment. The other router does not seem to need the ARP.

On a side note, after about a day being connected the scale downloaded a new firmware. I remember when the lady sent me this scale she said it had the latest firmware on it and that was supposed to solve my problem. Its a problem that happens to some people apparently. It may be that she just sent me an older scale by mistake. I'll retest maybe this weekend and see.
--
dnoyeB
"Then said I, Wisdom [is] better than strength: nevertheless the poor man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard. " Ecclesiastes 9:16

bbarrera
Premium,MVM
Sacramento, CA
V29 firmware is on my Aria scale.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to dnoyeB
said by dnoyeB:

Essentially this is what happens.

USG20 -> DNS Server: Resolve Address Please (DNS Req)
DNS Server -> USG20: OK Here you go (DNS Reply)
USG20 -> DNS Server: Sorry, I can't be reached. (ICMP)

The original request is from an item on my LAN. the only thing remarkable here is that the UDP packet in the DNS request does not have a checksum. This seems to confuse the USG.

Any ideas.

Professes deep ignorance by stating.... How fat are you that you need to connect your scale to computers and presumably chart and graph your weight loss program!!
--
Ain't nuthin but the blues! "Albert Collins".
Leave your troubles at the door! "Pepe Peregil" De Sevilla. Just Don't Wifi without WPA, "Yul Brenner"

LlamaWorks Equipment

bbarrera
Premium,MVM
Sacramento, CA
The fitbit.com website is pretty cool, with minor effort after meals and workouts it helps me manage calories at meals and snacks (or conversely, tells me how many calories to burn in a workout). My goal is to lose 25 lbs @ 1lb/week and the fitbit.com website really helps keep me on track.

Its not for everyone, but if you like stats and graphs to motivate then fitbit scale and website make it fun.

Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT
I assumed the whole thing was some kind of a postal scale or something. heh Now the whole thing makes more sense! But, well, @Anav kinda' has a point. That IS kinda' weird... But as long as you realize it, that's ok.

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus

Southfield, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to dnoyeB
Not fat at all. I just want to loose maybe 5 pounds. Also, I don't want my weight to creep up on me. its much harder to loose it than to keep it off. If I see over a few weeks that it is easing up, I can do very small painless adjustments. If I catch it after its already up, then the adjustments are more difficult.

5 pounds makes a big difference over 50 miles on the bike. I'm trying to do a 100mi ride in the spring. (and actually hang with my friends) Need all the help I can get.
--
dnoyeB
"Then said I, Wisdom [is] better than strength: nevertheless the poor man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard. " Ecclesiastes 9:16

bbarrera
Premium,MVM
Sacramento, CA
reply to Gork
said by Gork:

I assumed the whole thing was some kind of a postal scale or something. heh Now the whole thing makes more sense! But, well, @Anav kinda' has a point. That IS kinda' weird... But as long as you realize it, that's ok.

my wife thinks hanging out on this website is kinda weird, and the fitbit scale is closer to normal. Go figure.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Does the fitbit scale run on the low or high side?

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus

Southfield, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Hank:

Does the fitbit scale run on the low or high side?

Seems pretty accurate to me. Another important point that was not mentioned. It measures body fat %. This measurement is very hard to get right. Therefore, it uses other information about you in order to give a good approximation. Info such as age, height, sex, physical fitness level, etc. It gets this info from the website. So the internet connection is pretty handy.

For my previous scale, each time I wanted a body fat measurement I would have to input my sex, and my height. And I would have to bend alllll the way over and push those buttons on the scale! Much too lazy for that
--
dnoyeB

Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT
said by bbarrera:

my wife thinks hanging out on this website is kinda weird, and the fitbit scale is closer to normal. Go figure.

said by dnoyeB:

And I would have to bend alllll the way over and push those buttons on the scale! Much too lazy for that

Zomg you're killin' me here...