resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to creed3020

Re: [Extreme Plus] New Speeds Effective December 1st

said by creed3020:

Finally some confirming on hard numbers and dates!

I'm with TSI but this is still good news. Extreme Plus doesn't seem to be getting the best end of the deal here with the 4Mbps. Is 7Mbps supposed to be available to customers based on support in their area?

Nice to see Robbers put the screws to bHell with their prime tier Express going for parity against Bell's highest mainstream tier. FTTH is so limited availability that I don't really consider it much of a option to consumers.

Original numbers were 7.. I think they realized that that number is much too high after killing off throttling (SORRY!), otherwise they'd see congestion.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Yeah that does make sense but the 7 seemed like a more natural bridge to ultimate. The gap to Ultimate at 10Mbps upload will be more than double what E+ offers.

Either way I'm pumped because we Extreme users are getting the upload originally rumored and a download speed increase of 7Mbps.

I'm just wondering if the data caps will go up separately months later because with the new up/down speed Robbers customers will burn through their caps even faster!

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

said by creed3020:

Yeah that does make sense but the 7 seemed like a more natural bridge to ultimate. The gap to Ultimate at 10Mbps upload will be more than double what E+ offers.

Though remember, the Ultimate download speed is more than triple what E+ will have.