how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

smellslikeMI

join:2012-02-15
Troy, MI

Ultra TV Firmware update

I had a tech out a few weeks ago and mentioned to him that the menu interface was very laggy. he said that a new firmware update was on its way very shortly. that employees who had it at home said it was VERY fast. i just noticed in the past couple days that my menu seems to have almost no lag at all. has anyone noticed this improvement? anyone know if we got the upgrade?

baess

join:2011-01-28
Check this thread, a software update a few weeks ago is mentioned.

»VPN PPTP

anon

@wideopenwest.com
reply to smellslikeMI
Mine is still very slow. Half the time when I push a button, nothing at all happens.

mykelhall

join:2012-08-05
Naperville, IL
reply to smellslikeMI
YES! Does anyone know of a firmware upgrade or would be amazing if dd-wrt would come out with one for ultra tv. The router is crap. Cant log-in to change options and features. Once logged in, it is incredibly slow! Also not to mention that the coverage is less than the old Linksys router I was previous using (which was about 5-6 years old). How does a router that old have better coverage than a newer one?? what a joke! and all the tech told me to do was change the channel. I tried to tell him channel wont matter because I am the only network when I do a scan...tech was a complete waste of time.

GIVE US A NEW ROUTER OR BETTER FIRMWARE!!

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
dd-wrt won't come out for it since ultratv isn't based off linux and because Arris owns the rights to it.

Linksys (cisco) used linux based firmware on some of their routers. Well everyone knows linux is open source which is why cisco couldn't stop the makers of dd-wrt from making firmware for their linksys routers. Basically cisco had to unlock the ability for users to upgrade the firmware based off linux open source license.

I'm pretty sure these ultraTV gateways are locked tighter than .... well I could use a sexual reference there but I won't.