how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jaseinatl

join:2006-01-17
Atlanta, GA

[Serious] Help Finding Service Provider

I am looking for a HSI provider in Roswell, GA. I am setting up a CrossFit gym and will be streaming some video, providing general access via hotspot.

I am not sure if Clear or another wireless provider will be enough bandwidth and I don't know how to go about getting a wired service plan that will install in the Mansell Commons business park.

I'd prefer to go the Comcast route for access, but getting information from them about establishing residential service (no business class available) in a business park is not easy.

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration,

jase
--
Conscious Neglect Equals Perpetration.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1

Have you checked with AT&T to see if they offer U-verse at your location?

In terms of Comcast, I would start a thread in the »Comcast Direct forum to see if the tech. there could provide more assistance to you.

Perhaps your best way to find out what internet services are offered in the business park is to call some of the other tenants directly to find out what they use.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

jaseinatl

join:2006-01-17
Atlanta, GA

Thanks for the reply. I will check with Comcast Direct. Unfortunately, most of the folks in the business park are less than internet savvy. Even the main office I think uses dial-up, LOL.

Still, I appreciate your reply, thanks.

Jase
--
Conscious Neglect Equals Perpetration.

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA
Reviews:
·Atlantic Nexus

If you have a phone line look at Atlantic Nexus for DSL. Would be 6mb if that is enough. Their service and support are always rated on the top of DSLR lists.

Otherwise, comcast may be about your only option.

AT&T Uverse might be an option, up to 12mbit. I just have had bad support for them.

Clear would probably throttle you soon if you do any streaming. I hear it is oversold in much of the area.

I have AtlNex now and switching to ComCrap because I am tired of paying for a phone line with no phone on it (has not had one for 10 years.)
--
Scott Henion

Embedded Systems Consultant,
SHDesigns home - DIY Welder

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1

said by shdesigns:

If you have a phone line look at Atlantic Nexus for DSL. Would be 6mb if that is enough. Their service and support are always rated on the top of DSLR lists.

Otherwise, comcast may be about your only option.

AT&T Uverse might be an option, up to 12mbit. I just have had bad support for them.

Clear would probably throttle you soon if you do any streaming. I hear it is oversold in much of the area.

I have AtlNex now and switching to ComCrap because I am tired of paying for a phone line with no phone on it (has not had one for 10 years.)

With Atlantic Nexus, the poster may or may not even be able to get 6mb. It all depends on whether a circuit is available for 6mb. My office is located in a major commerical area and 3mb is the fastest that is available on AT&T provisioned lines, which is what Atlantic Nexus would use. All the 6mb circuits are being used.

said by jaseinatl:

Thanks for the reply. I will check with Comcast Direct. Unfortunately, most of the folks in the business park are less than internet savvy. Even the main office I think uses dial-up, LOL.

Still, I appreciate your reply, thanks.

Jase

Hard to believe any business would still be using dial-up.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner
Expand your moderator at work

nrobot80

join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA
reply to jaseinatl

Re: [Serious] Help Finding Service Provider

Any business with dial up today isn't making a lot of money.