mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to mario9999998

Re: [Cable] November 1st Ottawa (Barrhaven) outage?

Total lack of internet access is not normally due to outdated firmware on that modem. But sporadic loss of connectivity, modem resets, etc.. is something that does happen to DCM-475 modems with the 02.08 firmware, particularly after Rogers updates the channel bonding to 8/4.

I provide nearly-free firmware updates (Stac.02.16) to these modems for TSI customers here in the Ottawa area. You just have to send me an Instant Message via this site to arrange a 20 minute appointment. The updates are done at my home office in Bells Corners, and I ask for $5 towards the gear costs.

Cheers

TSI Support1
TSI Support
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON
kudos:1

Hey there,

I agree, usually erratic symptoms like the ones you've mentioned. In a handful of instances. I've run into a few SB5102's that never managed to re-register on the network after an upgrade.

We have some issues going on in their area. Hopefully they're just part of the outage and their service returns soon.

Take care,
TSI-Ashley

josh7878

join:2012-11-01
K2J5T2
reply to mlord

said by mlord:

Total lack of internet access is not normally due to outdated firmware on that modem. But sporadic loss of connectivity, modem resets, etc.. is something that does happen to DCM-475 modems with the 02.08 firmware, particularly after Rogers updates the channel bonding to 8/4.

I provide nearly-free firmware updates (Stac.02.16) to these modems for TSI customers here in the Ottawa area. You just have to send me an Instant Message via this site to arrange a 20 minute appointment. The updates are done at my home office in Bells Corners, and I ask for $5 towards the gear costs.

Cheers

Thanks, that's something I'll consider if it comes to it. I haven't had a single problem with this modem thus far, so I'm clinging to hope it's something on the Rogers end.

josh7878

join:2012-11-01
K2J5T2

Came home from work, and my internet is now magically working again. Didn't even need a power-cycle!

TSI Support1
TSI Support
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON
kudos:1

Hey there,

Great to see that your connection is back. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.