Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to JoelC707

Premium Member

to JoelC707

Re: [Raiding] UI and Addon Thread

in the menu of wow, system button, you can change the entire scale of your ui, not the size of one particular addon, it changes how everything looks, default is 1.5 i believe i reduced mine to 1 and everything lines up better for my resolution and size of my monitor.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

1 recommendation

JoelC707

Premium Member

Click for full size
Ahhh nice. I found the setting it was on "default". The issue I saw was that the 1.0 indicated, never changed as I moved the slider so I really don't know what I have it set to currently. I have it one notch above "low" and I kept going back and forth between one notch and two notches. Either is a major change from default and I like it for sure.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

ya see that looks less cramped

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to JoelC707

to JoelC707
You know...you can probable move your Micro menu bar under your Recount frame and push your chat box down a nudge. You can also go into Omen3 and Recount options to recolor them to fit with your theme or whatever too.

Why do you need your Recount window so big? With Dominoes, do you have an option to move your Tooltip at all? Seems odd to have a tooltip in that position on your UI.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by mettachain:

With Dominoes, do you have an option to move your Tooltip at all

That's why I ended up downloading TipTac. It lets me move where all of the tooltips are anchored.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

ElvUI also has the option to move your tolltips, toasts, and achievement positions

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

true, though if he is happy with his current setup overall, TipTac is a much smaller change to make.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

is the author updating tiptac now? i remember trying to use that addon before and it would always break trying to pull info on other character i had moused over.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

tiptac still works and its being updated at least in Curse

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

1 recommendation

Nick D to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
The TipTacTalents lib (a common addition) is broken, but they added a Spec line to the core TipTac addon that works fine.

If you still have TTTalents installed, remove that.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
The pet bar is in the bottom right corner so it would be above that but yeah I could probably move the menu bar there. That would be another change to get used to as I'm so used to it being where it is now. Not really going for a theme but it's good to know I can recolor them to match a theme if I want to.

I don't believe dominoes lets you move the tool tip and yeah I would prefer to either have recount in another spot or move the tool tip. i have recount so wide because of cross-realm naming adding on the server name. It makes the char name so long it collides with the count. Not really a bid deal but it bothered me enough to resize it. I could expand as needed and shrink it back down later too.

The achievement toast and realid broadcast/logon-off gets in the way too, or did. I'm not sure if it still does with the resizing and moving I've done. I should probably see if it still gets in the way before I go trying to solve something that doesn't need solving. LOL

I'm actually happy with my UI I think. I thought I was happy with it before and you guys showed me I can make it better. I started with Dominoes so it's all I know and to try and play without it is difficult for me to say the least. If I replaced it, it would have to be with something similar (which I believe many of the similar ones like bartender will do) as I do not like the stock bars.

Oh BTW, for dominoes, I have 10 total bars and I used to use all 10 in some form. I found it took up too much space and kept me from seeing what was right underneath me or clicking on things that were close to me as abilities were "on top" and I'd click them instead. I then started making a giant U shape and this helped but now I just use the first 5 bars. Bars 6-10 are specialty bars and are hidden. They become active and replicate down to bar 1 under certain circumstances (druid shapeshifting is my main use for it).
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

the good thing about bar 4 is that it acts like the wow bars when shapeshifting, so youre standard druids spells on bar 1 then when shape shift bar changes to that specific form, so there is no need to have another bar,i use 4 bars total with bar 4, 1 and 2 are stacked then 3 and 4 are 6 buttons 2 rows high, and i have plenty of room for whatever i might want to do