michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru to ArrayList

Premium Member

to ArrayList

Re: Taking a beating??

They can make one that's all well round with LTE, or they can include the option of one that has LTE. So if you did not release a product that consumers want then of course people will complain.

You also believe that having LTE = horrible battery life. If Apple was able to do it then so can Google and better. Also let's not forget that with current 3G platforms you can disable it to simply use 2G for extra power savings. The same can be said for LTE. So no there is no excuse why not to include or at least have the option to buy a version with LTE. If consumers don't want LTE then they can get the base model which works just as good but without it.

Maybe right now there isn't a HSPA+ and LTE on a single chip and that was the deciding factor. If that were the case Google could of waited for a even more powerful release later on. So if anything it looks more like a jerk reaction towards the iPhone 5 and a failed attempt at that.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

1 recommendation

ArrayList

Premium Member

if they added LTE, it would have to support how many different LTE networks all operating on different frequencies. The time is not right to make a phone that supports that many networks. It would be nice, but the idea is ridiculous. I'd venture a guess that the price for support of a device like that would go up significantly also. This phone wasn't made to appease Sprint and Verizon customers. It is a global phone made to appease other markets.

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru

Premium Member

Point taken. Still want LTE eventually though. I am skipping this upgrade like I am skipping Windows 8.