spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

alan92rttt

join:2012-02-27

Anyone else seeing a TV outage in the SE MI?

Anyone having an outage in the Royal Oak/Madison Heights/Hazel Park Area?

Internet is fine. No TV since this morning.

NuclearXP

join:2012-04-12
Trenton, MI
Mine is fine down river.

doom

@trinity-health.org
reply to alan92rttt
Mine was fine in Ferndale as of noon.

alan92rttt

reply to alan92rttt
My wife just got off the phone with them. (and hour plus phone call)

She was not given full details but apparently this was related to some kind of upgrade and they knew that this would mess up some customers systems. Gee, thanks for the warning.....

They reset the gateway from their side and some TV came back but anything other that local shows I don't subscribe to that channel. A problem they can't fix from their side and have to send a tech out to look at in the morning.....

WOW, DO YOU WANT YOU CUSTOMERS TO SWITCH TO A DIFFERENT COMPANY?????

alan92rttt

reply to alan92rttt
Turns out that the rep my wife got and the manager she spoke to were just clueless.

I took a shot and called in this morning. After a 30 minute wait, First rep I got was not familiar with the ultra system, she tried to help but could not. She transfered me to a rep that was familiar with ultra. Not only was he able to help but he was able to see that the problem was on their end and my account did not transfer correctly. Once he reset my service I am running properly again.

While I am happy with the result that my system is running again. It should not have happened. Someone failed on their internal upgrade tests. The rep's my wife talked to yesterday failed. Over all an unsatisfactory feeling has been left by this interaction with customer support.