share rss forum feed

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to mozerd

Re: [WIN8] Biggest reinvention ever?

I don't think there is anything wrong with Microsoft entering the tablet, phone and device market. It actually makes a lot of sense and is a natural progression IMO. The problem is the one size fits all approach and making things compulsory when there technically was no need. But face it, if Metro wasn't compulsory most people probably wouldn't use it.

It's my guess that Metro AKA the new Windows UI will be something like Windows Access Control in that its first implementation will be new, in your face and something that takes a little getting used to. The next implementation could be much more refined, configurable, easier to use and a little more familiar / likable to the masses.

I don't expect Microsoft to back off this though. If anything they need to step up the OS release schedule and make smaller changes.

Kerodo

join:2004-05-08
said by Octavean:

I don't think there is anything wrong with Microsoft entering the tablet, phone and device market. It actually makes a lot of sense and is a natural progression IMO. The problem is the one size fits all approach and making things compulsory when there technically was no need. But face it, if Metro wasn't compulsory most people probably wouldn't use it.

Exactly... couldn't agree more....