This is a sub-selection from why?

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA
reply to fiberguy

Re: why?

by not talking about it, people learn to just accept it. not exactly a good thing to do.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
said by ArrayList:

by not talking about it, people learn to just accept it. not exactly a good thing to do.

So you feel compelled to CONSTANTLY drive that point home in every single topic or thread? ... or do you just feel that people are too stupid or beneath you that they don't remember something unless you tell them every day. So again, what's the point?

There are threads where it's appropriate. Why not just change the name of the site to broadbandcaps.com? EVERYTHING that has to do with internet is subject to caps.. there's no need to bring it up on everything that's discussed. It gets to the point of whiny..

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
Brighton, MA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE
·Comcast
said by fiberguy:

said by ArrayList:

So you feel compelled to CONSTANTLY drive that point home in every single topic or thread? ... or do you just feel that people are too stupid or beneath you that they don't remember something unless you tell them every day. So again, what's the point?

Well, obviously it is just to piss you off. /s

But seriously, it is so that the discussion doesn't end. I don't post about it in every thread. I only post about it when it is appropriate. This is one of those threads.

EVERYTHING that has to do with internet is subject to caps..

I firmly disagree. Usage caps serve no real purpose in maintaining infrastructure.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
Thanks for proving you can't read...

My line : EVERYTHING that has to do with internet is subject to caps..

You say that you firmly disagree? really?? Could you be any more incorrect?

EVERYTHING that goes over the internet IS data which is in turn subject to a CAP.. were you too busy to try to make me look like a fool (and fail in the process) to rush out that attempt to put me down, yet again? ... or are you just that ignorant? So yes, EVERYTHING discussed here that goes over the internet has or so to with a service, app, product, website, etc. HAS TO DO WITH A CAP. duh!

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
Brighton, MA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE
·Comcast
said by fiberguy:

EVERYTHING that goes over the internet IS data which is in turn subject to a CAP..

I have a web server in a data center. It is not metered in any way. I have for all intents and purposes unlimited bandwith usage.

So, not EVERYTHING is subject to a CAP. The only possible "cap" that you could say it has is the theoretical maximum throughput over a given period of time, but that really is not a cap. That is the bandwidth available and if that is what you are referring to as a cap, you are ignorant.