uniqs
share rss forum feed

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State

[Leo] Best browser/Lion server?

I am having a lot of issues with Safari. Would like to find one that just works.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC

What kind of problems?

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
kudos:1
reply to linicx

Ya What kind of problems? Safari for me has become my default browser ... I'm sure Chrome would work fine.
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink

What kind of problems? Two things you should understand. I am visually impaired and I do not use Google, Bing or Yahoo search engines.

I do a lot of research. My search engine is my homepage. Apple over-rides my choice with its URL/search engine bar. I do not need Apple to help me chose a search engine.

Safari stops after I have opened and closed X number of pages. It is annoying to be forced to close and reopen Safari so I can use it.

I don't know any way to fix either one. The simple solution seems to be a different browser.
--

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC

I'd say give OmniWeb or iCab a try as both are now free (well iCab does periodically ask for $, but it's not limited if you don't pay) and they're based on the Webkit engine.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to linicx

I don't like Safari.

I use Chrome. Some people use Firefox. etc etc.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
reply to Count Zero

iCab is not bad at all, but I am still trying to figure out where "home" is as it is my search engine. iCab home is the iCab web page. All things considered it is very nice. Thank you for the suggestion.
--

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
United State
reply to Mike

I liked Safari before the changes. Firefox didn't work well. I really try to avoid as much contact with Google as I can.
--