how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yolo2die

join:2001-04-21
Mountain Iron, MN

[MN] Mountain Iron, MN(55768) packet loss slow

I have been experiencing packet loss to the point of timeouts and not being able to do anything since early this afternoon. I have power cycled the modem, tested various sites, ran various trace routes. Are there some local issues or does this relate to the east coast problems. So traces run to new york and are timing out but not everything should be this slow?

CappinHoff

join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA

Do you have a router? If so power cycle that as well. Rerun the tests. If they are still bad, connect directly into the modem with the PC. Then power cycle the modem and rerun the tests.

PS

@mchsi.com
reply to yolo2die

Can confirm the horrible speed, intense packet loss, and disconnections for many users including myself in the Hoyt Lakes (55750) and Aurora (55705) areas.

The dropping started at around 2 to 3 PM and has been going SINCE. That's six or more hours ago.

Called service and went through their automated hell three or four times, and I finally got someone who told me there was a "confirmed" outage at around 4:45 to 5 and that the issue was cut lines? They were supposedly working on it.

yolo2die

Mountain Iron, MN
reply to yolo2die

@cappinhoff I have a Motorola modem/router

@ps glad to know I am not the only one...

If anyone has more info or further updates please add, THANKS

yolo2die

Mountain Iron, MN

Figures they would cut something around here with all the fiber going in the ground its bound to happen...centurylink has already had there lines cut a few times just in the last month due to it

PS

@mchsi.com

As of 10:30 PM my internet has come back online in full force. And in 5 minutes I have a very typical 0.01-0.1% PL rate.

Hope your side is back up!

yolo2die

Mountain Iron, MN

Went to bed last night and woke up and everything appears back to normal.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:115
reply to yolo2die

There was an issue in the area last night. Everything should be good to go now though. If anyone is still having issues, please let me know!