Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RazzyW8

@rr.com
reply to Kramer

Re: [WIN8] Get the Start Menu Back Without an App

I see there's a run shortcut already, it looks to be in:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System Tools

Kramer
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA
kudos:2
Many thanks. That works perfectly. I wasn't able to find it in the path you mentioned but was able to find it in \Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System Tools

Thanks again

RazzyW8

@rr.com
NP! I found the Run in All apps of start screen. If you right click one of them and click on "Open File Location", it'll open up explorer with a bunch of shortcuts.

Kramer
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA
What's the "Start Screen"? Just kidding. Thanks, that helps. It gave me some ideas for items I wasn't originally going to include.

floydb1982

join:2004-08-25
Kent, WA
reply to digitalfutur
How did you do that??? Is the start menu hidden from the desktop or something??? Didn't Microsoft do away with the start menu in the desktop??? I am not seeing any start menu in the desktop at all.

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4
said by floydb1982:

How did you do that??? ... I am not seeing any start menu in the desktop at all.

said by digitalfutur:

By adding the desktop toolbar to the taskbar.

floydb1982

join:2004-08-25
Kent, WA
SipSizzurp how do you do that???

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4
I don't have my W8 setup running anymore. Try right clicking on the taskbar to see if you find the option to add a toolbar. If not I'm sure the OP will clarify.

digitalfutur
Sees More Than Shown
Premium
join:2000-07-15
BurlingtonON
That's correct. Right click on the taskbar (make sure it's unlocked), expand the toolbar menu, then select "Desktop".