tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium
join:2001-02-13
Carnegie, PA
kudos:6
reply to Frink

Re: Generator doesn't work with Direct Vent Hot Water Heater

what ground are you using for your building service? If you dont have a rod now, it would be a very good upgrade, and not too expensive to put the proper 2 in the ground. Safer..

when all this shit blows over, of course..

-j
--
if it aint broke, tweak it!!
currently on FiOS (kick aZZ!)

Frink
Professor
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Scotch Plains, NJ
said by tp0d:

what ground are you using for your building service? If you dont have a rod now, it would be a very good upgrade, and not too expensive to put the proper 2 in the ground. Safer..

when all this shit blows over, of course..

-j

Honestly I am not sure where the ground is in my home. I have not found any rods in the ground around my house, and I know my home pretty well. The only thing I have seen that comes close are green wires connecting to my water lines...definitely something I will be looking into when things are looking better.

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
kudos:1
said by Frink:

Honestly I am not sure where the ground is in my home. I have not found any rods in the ground around my house, and I know my home pretty well. The only thing I have seen that comes close are green wires connecting to my water lines...definitely something I will be looking into when things are looking better.

Look at where your utility's neutral (Entrace cable) connects to your panel, then look for another big wire (But likely to be no bigger than #6, either colored green, or bare copper) attached right next to it (And that they aren't isolated from each others, so they probably are on the same metal bar). That should be your grounding conductor that goes to your ground electrode (copper pipe or rod).