Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

eaw3c1

join:2012-11-02
Suffern, NY
reply to kickass69

Re: Hurricane Sandy-Frankenstorm Outages/Issues/Updates

Everything in Suffern was fine during and after the storm. Half of the town was out. Tonight at about 9:30pm everything went out and the boxes keep on resetting. The online indicated says everything is fine. Called Cablevision and their response is no ETA and no clue when service might come back. The gentlemen on the phone told me anywhere from 12 hours to 4 weeks. YIKES!Honestly I miss FIOS, everyone around me has it and they have service. I am using a Verizon iPhone 5 with LTE to connect but this is going to cost me a fortune.

Jim88

@myvzw.com
Seems like we are losing ground. In Sloatsburg, my service was never interrupted during the storm and it went out last night around 11:30PM and is still out, TV, OOL and OV. I monitor several servers around Rockland for businesses and most of my clients had come back online over the previous two days. Last night, OOL service to two clients was restored just prior to my connection going down. Now all my clients with Optimum are offline, including the ones who just had service restored. Maybe they fixed one thing and broke something else or maybe some auxiliary power generation failed. I doubt we will ever find out.

nltech

join:2007-06-13
West Haverstraw, NY

2 edits
Maybe that down pole was to a major hub-data center. Like I said the tech was rattling off towns all over as it relates to the pole beong down.

edit: heard stony point went down to last night.
edit: 11am all service returned.

Sorry for anon double post above. Mods pls delete anon double post.