I'm okay with 30mbps down on hspa.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
reply to lordpuffer
Oh believe me, battery life in an LTE device is horrible, plain horrible.

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to chmod
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a nice device. Let us know how the battery life works out. My GNex is just ok with battery life. I can imagine the battery life when I eventually get an LTE phone.

chmod
Premium
join:2000-12-12
Lockport, IL
reply to lordpuffer
Coming from the gnex and gs2 prior to that the lg has more of a premium feel to it. Beautiful glass back instead of the usual Samsung plastic. I only ran this stock for an hour before rooting. It's blazing fast, no micro lag or stutters anywhere. The screen is as crisp and responsive as any I've seen. Coming from super amoled displays I'm used to the cartoonish over saturated colors. The ips display has much more natural hues. The speaker with no mods is very noticeably louder than my gnex. The camera I haven't tested to much yet but my initial impression was ehh. Battery life I'm going to hold off on for now because honestly its pretty bad. I did just load aokp yesterday morning and flashed a different kernel this afternoon so I'm going to give it a few charge cycles to settle in.
--
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH
reply to lordpuffer
8GB would never be enough for me. I'd have to get the 16GB model for sure.

My contract is up in mid-2013 and I'm thinking of going back to AT&T when my contract is up since Verizon coverage is poor where I live. It wasn't always this bad but lately it's gotten worse. Verizon won't do anything about it.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | AOKP (The Android Open Kang Project)

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to chmod
Very cool.....How do you like the LG compared to a Samsung? I have the Galaxy Nexus, and it works great, but with the price point being what it is with the N4, I was thinking of pulling the trigger and selling the GNex... ...When the 8GB one is back in stock of course.

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL
reply to quickdry21
Click for full size
Silky smooth.

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL
reply to quickdry21
Shipped today, finally.

M A R S
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Long Island
kudos:1
reply to quickdry21
I want this PHONE! sadly i was not able to get in on launch and now its been sold out since.

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL
reply to quickdry21
Click for full size
Nexus4 goodness coming soon.

bobjohnson
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL

1 edit
reply to quickdry21
»phandroid.com/2012/11/23/nexus-4···-band-4/

Edit: I missed the other replies with the same info. But this is a cool link anyways.

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL
reply to Juggernaut
There are videos of it working on telus and various networks in Canada atm. Given the channels it will run on it looks like in the us it will only work on the t-mo network when they roll it out next year.
--
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
reply to Juggernaut
LTE on the Nexus 4. Cool!

Borrowed from HoFo: »www.howardforums.com/showthread.···ps-video
--
I'm not anti-social, I just don't like stupid people.

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC
reply to mromero
Nice! So a FW update could potentially activate it. Or, a custom rom...
--

mromero
Premium
join:2000-12-07
The O.C.
reply to quickdry21
sneaky Google hid a lte chip in the Nexus 4

»arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/11/···ntent%29

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL
reply to Juggernaut
Fair enough. But what kind of shipping lottery are they running? Certainly not first come first serve. Im ok waiting a while longer, sucks for those who sold their current device to fund this one.
--

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC
reply to chmod
I'm not sure, but I have a few devices in my drawer. I tend to collect them, and charge them once a month. My oldest at this point is a Moto V360. My newest is a BB Torch.

If all else fails, get a burner.
--

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL
reply to Juggernaut
Fair enough. But what kind of shipping lottery are they running? Certainly not first come first serve. Im ok waiting a while longer, sucks for those who sold their current device to fund this one.
--

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC
reply to chmod
I'll bet Google didn't expect this kind of response for the N4.
--

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL
reply to quickdry21
Man google should let amazon coordinate their launches and sales. What a complete disaster. Got an email from google today:

Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We’ll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges.

There seems to be no reasoning as to who got their orders shipped and who go backorder emails. The N7 pre order debacle now this, sad.
--

quickdry21

join:2009-05-15
reply to quickdry21
Argh, I wonder how long it's going to take for more stock to come in.

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL
reply to quickdry21

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL

2 edits
reply to mromero
Yea I was able to get an order in. Ships out tommorow at the latest. I was on the playstore page when it went live and it still took me an hour to get the order to go through because of all the traffic. If you kept refreshing the page add to cart would eventually pop up. People were still reporting new orders on xda past 4pm yesterday. I see it's all gone this morning.

bobjohnson
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
·Sprint Mobile Br..
reply to smunro622
said by smunro622:

actually the issue was radios even on the stock rom, i was able to get updated radios when i modded the phone...

Samsung does not have the same quality radios as htc in my opinion

OT but I have an S3 and the signal strength and quality with low signal sucks compared to my old stock Photon. They don't have the same quality radios as Moto either. What rom are you using?
--

mromero
Premium
join:2000-12-07
The O.C.
reply to chmod
did you get one? heard the nexus 4 sold out in 25 minutes lol.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH
reply to ConstantineM
ConstantineM See Profile, it comes down to coverage. T-Mobile lags a lot in uniform coverage in their markets.

In my city, Cleveland, Ohio... T-Mobile coverage is trash. The only choices I have are Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint. I have Verizon right now with a grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan. AT&T'? Not just no but hell no. And Sprint is just as bad as T-Mobile in my area.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | AOKP (The Android Open Kang Project)

ConstantineM

join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA
reply to Lone Wolf
Verizon has no UMTS; besides, they don't offer any unlimited plans anyways. I really can't understand why would anyone sign up with any carrier other than T-Mobile in the US (or possibly StraightTalk, if you don't care about violating their T&C), because no other carrier has 4G speeds and overage-free access anyways.

What's the point of having slightly higher speeds than T-Mo, but with a 2GB limit, if you have to pay 100$ for it, and would still be charged overage fees if you go over?

I'm happy with my 5GB@4G @ 30$/30days T-Mo plan, with free tethering and no overages! Google Galaxy Nexus (e.g. HSPA+ Nexus 3) is still pretty cool, too. Won't be switching to Verizon any time soon!

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to ConstantineM
said by ConstantineM:

That's just marketing; it's obvious that it will still work even without GSM, provided you have UMTS. :-p

FYI: UMTS does support simultaneous voice and data, and doesn't require for there to be any GSM service.

The phone is cheap. Why not buy one and try it on Verizon's network and report back with your connection speeds.
--
Another 4 years of Hope and Change.
The rich will still get richer and the poor get an Obamaphone and Food Stamps. lol

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium
join:2001-08-02
Michigan City, IN
reply to quickdry21
If your curious to know about build quality look up the phone called LG Optimus G ...its basically a Nexus 4 but with LGs custom skin and carrier variations.