Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:4

Heirloom Gear

How do you guys manage your heirloom gear? I'm wondering if there are some unique solutions out there (ie addons) that help you to see which toon has what heirloom gear. As opposed to logging in to each one, one by one, to see who has what on which I do now.

Immer - I started a new thread on this so as not to dilute the Hunter thread. You can post your enchantment list under this heading if you like. Thanks in advance for doing that for me.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

Altoholic will let you see what is in your toons' bank, bags and what is equipped from any of your other toons.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

bagnon will, too. I'm working on a guide to enchants for Heirlooms now.

eve
Premium
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA
reply to Carpie

LOVE Altoholic.

Carpie

united state

Awesome. I'll have to try it out. I'm not a huge fan of bagnon; having everything in one huge bag is a bit too unwieldy for me. I put certain things in certain bags now to always know where to find them quickly and easily. I did like that it showed what was in other toons bags/banks though. Did not know it showed what was on other toons persons though.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to Carpie

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
chest, legs, hands, feet
These are available via Enchanting and Leatherworking.

bTU

Aurora, CO

Nice little table there. For caster weapons is it better to go with 30 SP or 22 int? A guildie helped with a caster staff for me and we couldn't find the pearls needed so she did the 22 int on it instead since she had a bunch of the dust in her bank. I know that for leveling in most quests and world mobs it's all OP anyway, just more out of curiosity.

On my panda monk I went DW DPS and put stealth on my cloak, +4 stats to chest, and +15 agility to the 1h maces.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

I imagine the answer would depend on how much SP you get from INT at your current level. I do believe that equilibrium point varies by class.

Carpie

united state
reply to Immer

Thanks Immer! Any recommendation for which would be the best ones to choose for a mid 40 lvl SV Hunter looking to maximize DPS? I'm thinking Stealth cloak, Greater Stats chest, Agility or superior impact on weapon?, and then medium armor kit on hands, legs, feet?

bTU

Aurora, CO

I can't remember exactly, but I don't think you can do those enchants on ranged weapons.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Carpie

For hands and feet just go with level-appropriate enchants, no need to limit yourself to the heirloom-only stuff. If you have the guild-perk enabled heirloom legs, then you are stuck with the LW enchant. But if you are not using those, then again, use higher lvl stuff.

As for the wpn, I don't know if the melee wpn enchants will work for the ranged wpn, despite it now being held in the main hand. If they don't, you'll need to use a scope. Interestingly enough... I'm not finding any scopes with min/max ilvl limitations in their tooltips on WoWhead... so it almost looks like you could go with

Lord Blastington's Scope of Doom
Requires Level 85
Item Level 90
Use: Permanently attaches Lord Blastington's special scope to a ranged weapon, sometimes increasing Agility by 1800 for 10 sec when dealing damage with ranged attacks.

Attaching this scope to a ranged weapon causes it to become soulbound.

That can't be right... but if it is... wow.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

You can't put that on an heirloom, can you?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

That's my question. Based on what I'm seeing on Wowhead (the "quote above") I can't say for sure you can't do that. But it would be ridiculously OP if you could... will need someone to test it out in-game.

Carpie

united state

I think it is safe to say we will all be trying it out in game as soon as we can

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Immer

There would be a cry from players in lower brackets as twink hunters rise from 250 agility to over 2k agility on a single proc and one shot an entire team with a multi shot.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

You can't put that on an heirloom, can you?

so long as the enchant/item mod does not have an item level requirement "Requires a level 35 or higher item" you can put it on an heirloom. The item level of heirlooms does NOT change as your toon levels up. They will all stay at ilvl 1.

Lord Blastington's Scope of Doom
Requires Level 85

you cant add it to an heirloom unless the toon using it is higher than the level requirement for the chant; 85 in this case. if the heirloom has the chant on it and you try to equip the heirloom on a low level toon, the error message "You don't meet the level requirement for this item" posts, and you can't equip it.

--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

This is a hunter-only item, since it talks about ranged attacks only.

Chances are, you'll only use that heirloom once. Get your hunter to 35, slap it on and GG?
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Venom1

Click for full size
a leveling hunter should carry one of each in his mailbox.
Thanks Venom1 See Profile, I was stuck looking in the wrong spot for limitations.

Venom1

Augusta, GA
reply to Archivis

no, the enchant is still melee weapon only. hunter still shoot at point blank range, they don't melee anymore.

scopes or the safety catch removal from engineering are the only thing you can add to a ranged weapon that i know of, and most of them have a character level requirement, not an item level requirement.

But this thread and this post for that matter should not substitute for your personal reading comprehension, or the extent of your research, websensed or not. Get home and look it up. Not to sound like a phallus, but I know I did a little bit.

Twink forums are out there and I'm sure they address it better than I can as I've never successfully twinked a toon. Any twink lurkers out there?
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I was referring to the scope enchant.

Carpie

united state
reply to Venom1

said by Venom1:

Not to sound like a phallus, but I know I did a little bit.

Yeah, you did. But you also brought a lot of good info to the table as well so I'll ignore it. Whether I "research it", "read it", or whatever you want to call it on this forum or on another forum at home when not websensed, either way I'm performing the same action so what difference does it make. The fact that people find this site helpful should be worn as a badge of honor for the people that make it that way, not to re-direct people to go look up other sites.

Venom1

Augusta, GA
reply to Archivis

Riiiiiiight.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I think you're just trying to troll but you're being a retard instead.

bTU

Aurora, CO
reply to Archivis

The enchants that require an item level can't be used on heirlooms since even at level 85 (or 90 for that matter) your heirlooms are ilvl 1. The enchants with character level requirements are inactive until you reach that level with the toon. My BoA shoulders are enchanted with Shattrath enchants that require character level 64. Until the toon wearing the shoulders reaches that level the enchantment text is red and says that "enchantment requires level 64." Once the toon reaches that level the enchant text turns white and the bonus is applied. Or at least that is how it worked pre MoP.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

I think you're just trying to troll but you're being a retard instead.

Troll == being a retard == shameless asshole

All trolling is dumb. There is no such thing as a gifted troll. I put a lot of work into the graphics in this thread, and it gets derailed by this crap?

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I was just asking genuine questions about the heirloom stuff and your buddy thought he would come in and tell me to Google stuff instead.
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

yours was just the last post in the line when I decided to respond.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

oh ok.

Regardless, thanks for the info. I'm finding that since I have no story to connect to in the end-game, I have a severe lack of motivation to jump into any raids right now. I feel like the story in Wrath was the end for me. Cata came along and had a story that was convincing.

What's the story this time around? "Hey look, Pandas! Let's go kill shit for purples!"

I'm sure they've got a story, it just doesn't seem so end-of-the-world like Deathwing, Arthas, Illidan, etc.

Thus, my interest has shifted towards re-exploring game mechanics amongst characters that I've shelved for months or even years. I haven't touched my level ~60 some hunter since they had a mana pool. I haven't touched the lock since Wrath, etc.

Your research on enchants on heirlooms is of interest to me. I know that I currently run around with +30 spell power on my staff and I've used it to level up my monk, mage, lock and priest.

I haven't noticed any other stats of significance in any other gear slot.

Is the a current char of Heirloom Gear by slot/purchase location/price?
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

Click for full size
weapons
Click for full size
other slots
said by Archivis:

I'm sure they've got a story, it just doesn't seem so end-of-the-world like Deathwing, Arthas, Illidan, etc.

Have to grind out the major reps to find out... but it does look like the various Sha (anger, fear, doubt, etc.) are fragments of an old god that one of the factions has pledged allegiance to in the event of its return. That and we'd all like to see Garrosh die.

said by Archivis:

Is the a current char of Heirloom Gear by slot/purchase location/price?

Vendors are still in the capitol cities (JP Heirloom, PVP Heirloom and Guild vendors).
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Thanks.