WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:32
reply to BaderD

Re: UltraTV update

said by BaderD :

Have these updates been applied in Columbus Ohio?

The updates have been sent out to all boxes in markets where Ultra TV has been released.

smellslikeMI

join:2012-02-15
Troy, MI

i definitely go the update. menus are SO MUCH FASTER. thanks wow.

dbader1

@wideopenwest.com
reply to WOW_Dan

What do i do if i still cannot connect through my work VPN? It worked with road runner and works with my hot spot. Any ideas?

WOW_Dan
Premium
Naperville, IL

said by dbader1 :

What do i do if i still cannot connect through my work VPN? It worked with road runner and works with my hot spot. Any ideas?

Make sure in the router setup on the gateway that your VPN pass-through is enabled in the firewall, as well as any port forwarding that you might need. If that doesn't work, ask the support department through your work if they can assist and see if they even see you attempting to connect to the VPN, maybe there's something else going on
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
CMTS Operations Engineer

dbader1

@myvzw.com

I think i have found the issue. The Ultra Box IP range is 192.168.0.X. So is my office IP range. On my old cable router i had to change my range to 192.168.1.x. Can i do this to the ultra box? I trued but all of the TV boxes freaked out when i did.

AlexE4

join:2006-12-16
Park Ridge, IL
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

I had no problems changing my ultraTV gateway from the standard 192.168.0.x to use the IP I've always used, 10.39.171.1 and distribute a range of IP's 10.39.171.x as a DHCP server. After you make your changes, power cycle the media players so they receive a new IP based on the new range you set. What do you mean by "the TV boxes freaked out" when you tried?

baderd

@xo.net

When i said "freaked out" i was implying that they immediatly lost connection.

WOW_Dan
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to dbader1

said by dbader1 :

I think i have found the issue. The Ultra Box IP range is 192.168.0.X. So is my office IP range. On my old cable router i had to change my range to 192.168.1.x. Can i do this to the ultra box? I trued but all of the TV boxes freaked out when i did.

Don't use the 192.168.1.x range of IPs. I believe it uses that scope for internal updates from the system. I've seen problems once or twice with using that scope, but I've never heard of issues with any other range of IPs.
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
CMTS Operations Engineer