spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Rick4769
@rr.com

Rick4769

Anon

[TWC] What happened to the Channel additions for Nov. 1st in WNY

There was a public notice in the Buffalo News indicating the following channels would be added on 11/1:

179 .................beIN Sports
180 ................PAC-12 Los Angeles
181 .................PAC-12 Arizona
182 ................PAC-12 Washington
183 ................PAC-12 Oregon
184 ................PAC-12 Mountain
185 ................PAC-12 Bay Area
1080 ............PAC-12 Los Angeles HD
1081 ..............PAC-12 Arizona HD
1082 .............PAC-12 Washington HD
1083 .............PAC-12 Oregon HD
1084 ............PAC-12 Mountain HD
1085 .............PAC-12 Bay Area HD

It is even listed here at this link under pdf:
»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· eup.html

The channels were not added.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

Re: [TWC] What happened to the Channel additions for Nov. 1st in

Best guess is that Hurricane Sandy damaged major equipment and the power company crews have to do all the clean-up and than give TWC the green light to do repairs of their own. In later weeks, once they have divisions and nodes stabilized, the stations will probably be added.

Satch

PS. Statement from FCC that commercial power restoration has been the biggest obstacle in the wake of the storm. It says those without cable services are down from 25% to 20%:

»FCC: Sandy Cable Outages Down to 20%

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Rick4769

to Rick4769
said by Rick4769 :

There was a public notice in the Buffalo News indicating the following channels would be added on 11/1:

179 .................beIN Sports
181 .................PAC-12 Arizona
1080 ............PAC-12 Los Angeles HD

It is even listed here at this link under pdf:
»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· eup.html

The channels were not added.

surprisingly beIN Sport and beIN deportes have been added to systems that are not in the northeast today on TWC and Brighthouse in SD and HD.

Rick4769
@rr.com

Rick4769

Anon

Thank you for all that replied. The original PAC 12 listing was scheduled for Oct. 1 then pushed back to Nov. 1st. So, I guess it will be pushed back again.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by Rick4769 :

Thank you for all that replied. The original PAC 12 listing was scheduled for Oct. 1 then pushed back to Nov. 1st. So, I guess it will be pushed back again.

As a soccer fan I am excited about beIN, they are all on their way. Promise.

Hob
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to Rick4769

Premium Member

to Rick4769
Well Bein and Bein Deportes were added today in Rochester. Still waiting on the regional PAC 12 feeds, NESN and WFN.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Happydude32:

Well Bein and Bein Deportes were added today in Rochester. Still waiting on the regional PAC 12 feeds, NESN and WFN.

beIN sport and beIN sport espanol were added in all of the systems on the eastern seaboard that have SDV so now Texas and the east coast systems have beIN sport.
Happydude32
Premium Member

Happydude32 to Rick4769

Premium Member

to Rick4769
The Legal Notifications have been updated on 11/7. The PAC 12s, NESN and WFN are no longer listed. My next door neighbor was excited when I told him both beIN and WFN would be getting added. I guess they’ve been forgotten about. I will never understand why this is a constant problem with Time Warner. They announce new channels and then either don’t add them ever, or add them months and months later. And in some cases in some areas, they announce channels they don’t even exist. (NYC with Chiller HD and the then Sleuth HD)

Rick4769
@rr.com

Rick4769

Anon

Click for full size
Mav TV-HD was announced to be added in January, 2011 and it was never added to the lineup. Also, see attached on the channels that were announced via mail and never added.

FailOverflow
join:2011-02-23
united state

FailOverflow to motorola870

to motorola870
Didn't get added in NEO.

Rick4769
@rr.com

Rick4769

Anon

The only channels that were added to TWC in WNY were bein, bein-HD, bein-Spanish, bein-HD Spanish. The other channels as listed were never added on Nov. 1, 2012. The PAC 12 stations were originally suppose to debut on October 1, 2012.

The previously announced launch of the following Pac-12 services will now occur on November 1, 2012 and will launch on the following channel positions: Pac-12 Los Angeles on ch. 370, Pac-12 Los Angeles HD on ch. 390, Pac-12 Arizona on ch. 371, Pac-12 Arizona HD on ch. 391, Pac-12 Washington on ch. 372, Pac-12 Washington HD on ch. 392, Pac-12 Oregon on ch. 373, Pac-12 Oregon HD on ch. 393, Pac-12 Mountain on ch. 374, Pac-12 Mountain HD on ch. 394, Pac-12 Bay Area on ch. 375 and Pac-12 Bay Area HD on ch. 395.

Also on that date, we will launch the following services: NESN on ch. 193, NESN HD on ch. 447, World Fishing Network on ch. 194, World Fishing Network HD on ch. 448, beIN Sports on ch. 449, beIN Sports HD on ch. 429, beIN Sports en Español on ch. 450 and 841 and beIN Sports en Español HD on ch. 430. NESN, NESN HD, World Fishing Network, World Fishing Network HD, beIN Sports and beIN Sports HD will be part of our Sports Pass offering, while beIN Sports en Español and beIN Sports en Español HD will be part of our DTV en Español and El Paquetazo offerings.

Just hoping these don't disappear like MAV-TV-HD, Fox Sports Carolina, Fox Sports South and Fox Sports West like they did in 2010.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

said by Rick4769 :

The only channels that were added to TWC in WNY were bein, bein-HD, bein-Spanish, bein-HD Spanish. The other channels as listed were never added on Nov. 1, 2012. The PAC 12 stations were originally suppose to debut on October 1, 2012.

The previously announced launch of the following Pac-12 services will now occur on November 1, 2012 and will launch on the following channel positions: Pac-12 Los Angeles on ch. 370, Pac-12 Los Angeles HD on ch. 390, Pac-12 Arizona on ch. 371, Pac-12 Arizona HD on ch. 391, Pac-12 Washington on ch. 372, Pac-12 Washington HD on ch. 392, Pac-12 Oregon on ch. 373, Pac-12 Oregon HD on ch. 393, Pac-12 Mountain on ch. 374, Pac-12 Mountain HD on ch. 394, Pac-12 Bay Area on ch. 375 and Pac-12 Bay Area HD on ch. 395.

Also on that date, we will launch the following services: NESN on ch. 193, NESN HD on ch. 447, World Fishing Network on ch. 194, World Fishing Network HD on ch. 448, beIN Sports on ch. 449, beIN Sports HD on ch. 429, beIN Sports en Español on ch. 450 and 841 and beIN Sports en Español HD on ch. 430. NESN, NESN HD, World Fishing Network, World Fishing Network HD, beIN Sports and beIN Sports HD will be part of our Sports Pass offering, while beIN Sports en Español and beIN Sports en Español HD will be part of our DTV en Español and El Paquetazo offerings.

Just hoping these don't disappear like MAV-TV-HD, Fox Sports Carolina, Fox Sports South and Fox Sports West like they did in 2010.

Rick,

Where did you get the new channel additions? When TWC redid the websites nationally, the "Channel Changes" section is now gone here in Wisconsin. Or did they send a notice in the mail?

Satch

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Satch:

said by Rick4769 :

Rick,

Where did you get the new channel additions? When TWC redid the websites nationally, the "Channel Changes" section is now gone here in Wisconsin. Or did they send a notice in the mail?

Satch

the changes page has been moved to under the "regulatory" tab at the bottom of main TWC page they will pop up with your division automatically and you can see all of the ohio, wisconsin, pennsylvania, Missouri, and Nebraska changes on that page.

Rick4769
@rr.com

Rick4769

Anon

Maybe Hob can answer this question. How come TWC publishes channel change notifications in the newspaper and their website and doesn't follow through with them?
Dampier
Phillip M Dampier
join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY

Dampier

said by Rick4769 :

Maybe Hob can answer this question. How come TWC publishes channel change notifications in the newspaper and their website and doesn't follow through with them?

Channel change notifications are done several weeks in advance (usually once a month) and published on the website. If a channel doesn't actually materialize, it is usually because of a technical snafu. Sometimes needed equipment does not reach the local cable office in time, there is something wrong with the equipment or a descrambler issue, or there is some other technical problem holding things up.

In my experience, these channels always eventually show up, if just a few days late. Cable companies also have to issue dire warnings that channel disruptions may occur... if a programming renewal contract cannot be worked out in time. Most of the time, it turns out to be a non-issue.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Dampier:

said by Rick4769 :

Channel change notifications are done several weeks in advance (usually once a month) and published on the website. If a channel doesn't actually materialize, it is usually because of a technical snafu. Sometimes needed equipment does not reach the local cable office in time, there is something wrong with the equipment or a descrambler issue, or there is some other technical problem holding things up.

In my experience, these channels always eventually show up, if just a few days late. Cable companies also have to issue dire warnings that channel disruptions may occur... if a programming renewal contract cannot be worked out in time. Most of the time, it turns out to be a non-issue.

TWC does notices twice a month. Also TWC has become lax on their notices not actually showing info that needs to be posted. Example austin texas and waco texas are losing 3-4 analogs next month to make room for DTA's and 8 channel DOCSIS bonding yet the changes are supposed to be done on december 19th yet they didn't give a 30 day notice in the paper only through mailers.

Rick4769
@rr.com

Rick4769

Anon

As of today 11/20/2012, the following stations that were to be added on 11/1/2012 still have not been added.

181 ................PAC-12 Arizona
1080 ............ PAC-12 Los Angeles HD

The World Fishing Network
NESN-National

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Good spot.

Hob

Rick4769
@rr.com

Rick4769

Anon

Today, TWC issued a new programming notice 11/21/12 and the channels to be added on 11/1/12 were not even mentioned.

»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· alo.html
Happydude32
Premium Member

Happydude32 to Rick4769

Premium Member

to Rick4769
BBC World and BBC World HD are supposed to be added after Christmas. Anyone want to start taking bets on whether or not we'll see them? I have very little faith in the Legal Notifications when it comes to new services. Although I was absolutely floored earlier this year and when both TV Guide HD and ESPN Deportes HD were launched on the announced dates. They should just stick to keep a list of channels that are month to month and channels that switch packages because in no way is their list of additions accurate most of the time.

Rick4769
join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

1 edit

Rick4769

I guess I am disappointed that TWC announces channels and then does not add them. Why post channel notices in the newspaper if you are not going to add them?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by Rick4769:

I guess I am disappointed that TWC announces channels and then does not add them. Why post channel notices in the newspaper if you are not going to add them?

I have never really understood the requirement to give 30 days notice of adding channels, I can understand 30 days for removing them...but adding them really?
Much can change in 30 days and unfortunately that's what happens.

Hob

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by hobgoblin:

said by Rick4769:

I have never really understood the requirement to give 30 days notice of adding channels, I can understand 30 days for removing them...but adding them really?
Much can change in 30 days and unfortunately that's what happens.

Hob

I know in my area there is not always a 30 day notice of an add.

I have only had 3 notices with channels to be added that did not appear.

Rick4769
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

I believe TWC should post a retraction indicating the channels will not be added or postponed until a later date. It would make good business sense and would keep the customer informed.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by Rick4769:

I believe TWC should post a retraction indicating the channels will not be added or postponed until a later date. It would make good business sense and would keep the customer informed.

I would agree if I thought more than a handful of people actually read and knew there were programming notices. I understand you follow them closely and are extremely interested in them. I don't believe there is a need.

Hob

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Rick4769

to Rick4769
I have a feeling the november 1st channels are coming soon. TWC just announced them to be added in the Mid West so I am guessing this will be a national addition of channels.

This is for Kansas City:

PUBLIC NOTICES: Time Warner Cable's agreements with programmers and broadcasters to carry their services and stations routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, but in order to comply with applicable regulations, we must inform you when an agreement is about to expire. The following agreements are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services or stations in the near future. BBC America, Cooking Channel, Current TV, DIY, E! Entertainment, E! Entertainment HD, Encore, Encore HD, Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Love, Encore Suspense, Encore Family, Encore Westerns, Food Network, Food Network HD, Indieplex, Gol TV, Great American Country, GSN, GSN HD, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Channel HD, Hallmark Movie Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel HD, IFC, IFC HD, Lifetime, Lifetime HD, LMN, LMN HD, Lifetime Real Women, Music Choice, NHL Network, NHL Network HD, NHL Center Ice, Once Mexico, Ovation, Retroplex, Smithsonian HD, Starz, Starz (West), Starz Cinema, Starz Comedy, Starz Edge, Starz HD, Starz in Black, Starz Kids and Family, Starz Kids and Family HD, Starz On Demand, Style, Style HD, WE, WE HD, You Too TV, Zap2It. In addition, from time to time we make certain changes in the services that we offer in order to better serve our customers. On or after December 3, RLTV channel 154 and Aspire channel 228 will be added to Digital Variety. On or after December 12, BBC World News channel 362 will be added to Digital Variety; beIN Sport en Espanol channel 836 and beIN Sport en Espanol HD channel 837 will be added to Nuestra Tele. The following services will be added to TWC Sports Pass: TV Games ch 332 , HRTV ch 336, beIN Sport ch 337, beIN Sport HD ch 1337, Universal Sports Net HD ch 1314, One World Sports HD 1338,World Fishing Network HD ch 1348, Outside Television HD ch 1349, Pac12 regional networks HD channels 1393 - 1398, Fight Now HD ch 1399. These services will require two-way capable digital cable ready equipment, such as a Time Warner Cable-provided set-top box or a CableCARD-equipped Unidirectional Digital Cable Product (UDCP) used in conjunction with a Tuning Adapter. Other UDCPs may not be able to access these services without additional equipment, such as a set- top box: RLTV, BBC World News, TV Games, HRTV, beIN Sport, beIN Sport HD, beIn Sport en Espanol, beIn Sport en Espanol HD, Universal Sports Net HD, One World Sports HD, World Fishing Network HD, Outside Television HD, Pac12 regional networks HD, Fight Now HD. Time Warner Cable will offer a Free Preview of Showtime 1/11/13 - 1/13/13. It is available to all Digital subscribers and may contain PG, PG-13, TV-14, TVMA and R rated programs. If you wish to have this Preview blocked, and for parental control information, visit twc.com or call 1-800-TWCABLE. Programming is subject to change. Not all services available in all areas. Restrictions may apply. For up-to-date listings of our packages and channels, visit our website at www.timewarnercable.com.

Read more here: »www.kansascity.com/class ··· link=cpy
Happydude32
Premium Member

Happydude32

Premium Member

I seriously doubt TV Games, HRTV and the others will be added in KC. One World Sports HD? Yeah right. The only channel I envision being added on is RLTV. It’s been in testing on TW Rochester for a few weeks now.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

1 edit

Os to Rick4769

to Rick4769
A lot of those I've never heard to exist like One World Sports or an HD feed of Fight Now in any capacity, and I've never heard of an HD feed of Outside Channel (which Comcast added earlier this year).

I'd say the Pac-12 regionals are probably not going to be added in KC considering they haven't been added where they've been announced in the Northeast or in NC/SC, which also shows them. The Midwest region didn't even get the National Feed of the Pac-12 Network in HD yet, so I'd be surprised if it comes after football season ends.

But still, TWC is clearly lapping everyone else in HD additions, and that even exists for the Midwest, which has not seen many new additions in the last year compared to the Carolinas and the Northeast.

The notice for Cleveland from today says nothing of these channels being added there, and mentions that the additions of Aspire and RLTV in SD have been cancelled at this time. They're not getting anything, and usually those Midwest markets get the same things.

Rick4769
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

Ironically, in the PDF WNY suburban lineup, all the PAC 12 stations are listed as being carried. »www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· luid=554
Rick4769

Rick4769 to Os

to Os
I thought the TWC KC market is adding channels as it is competing with the new Google Broadband TV service which has a very robust channel lineup.

Ironically, the PDF listing all the channels available for the TWC suburban market lists all the the PAC 12 stations as part of the lineup? »www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· luid=554