All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
larafl1
join:2012-02-09

larafl1

[TV] new DVR still seems to have problems

got rid of the Samsung dvr with problems and got an old/new dvr Sci Atl Explor. 8300HDC. It was working great until this week; yesterday I noticed that the Monday night shows were sparse, so I checked on the guide and saw that 3 shows that had been set up were NOT scheduled to tape. So I checked out my recording specifics and it said to RECORD ALL, KEEP ALL.? Went in and manually set these 3 (on channel 6 CBS?) to record. Do not know why these did not automatically get set up ?

help,
Laraine
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Dunno Laraine but it sounds as if something didn't get set right when you initially set them to record.
larafl1

larafl1

but all my shows are set up the same way; there was nothing different with these 3, and they did record last week?

pulled plug which caused unit to reboot, and will see if it helps
shirltrudy
join:2012-10-18
Oviedo, FL

shirltrudy to larafl1

to larafl1
that is the same problem I was having after the update to the new guide, etc. I would set up the series and if lucky all would record however sometimes it would not. (and there was no conflict) I have since changed the dvr to a cisco from the samsung from the 8300. Its working better but still problems when I noticed it was not recording two days ago I manually hit record it came up with two were going to be recorded did I want to stop one of them I said no. Then I went in and moved one of the shows to a different time. When I hit record this time on the show it would not record at all, nada nothing happened. Just to make sure I went to a different channel and hit record and boom started to record that show. Went back to the show I wanted to record and it still would not record. Seems like when I told it not to record initially it remembered that command and nothing would change it. Luckily I am recording on both dvrs the same shows until I can find out what is going on. Strange thing is its only in the same room. All the other rooms record properly.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to larafl1

Premium Member

to larafl1
Thanks L. I'll reach out to you on Monday if you want
larafl1

larafl1 to shirltrudy

to shirltrudy
wow, I thought I was the only one with problems. thanks. makes me feel better

we only have the 1 dvr, but the samsung never worked right for me either. went thru a bunch of others way back. until this one, which seemed to work o.k. even after the update, but now wants to drive me crazy.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to larafl1

Premium Member

to larafl1
L am I reaching out to you on Monday or not? You never responded.
larafl1

larafl1

sorry thought it was a statement not a question

YES
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to larafl1

Premium Member

to larafl1
Okay sometime tomorrow I will holler at you or if you want just call me after 11am...Mondays are that kind of day...