spc
uniqs
ravenchilde
join:2011-04-01

ravenchilde to Timerider222

to Timerider222

Re: Shaw Unlimited 100

said by Timerider222 :

And now I have to get back to my SLOW but un-metered connection and low monthly bill................

Instead of a fast but un-metered connection. I'm okay with that. Enjoy. Welcome to the free market where you have this choice, and thanks for chipping in on the discussion.
ShawX
join:2012-02-08

ShawX

Enjoy your Telus metered internet as of Feb 1, 2013. Wish I was on Turbo 25 with a 250gb limit!!

»telus.com/content/home-p ··· 12120401
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000

said by ShawX:

Enjoy your Telus metered internet as of Feb 1, 2013. Wish I was on Turbo 25 with a 250gb limit!!

It's kind of moot. Telus has never charged overage and doesn't enforce their caps. I have no idea why they decided to mess around with their posted caps when they don't enforce them. It was like all that hoopla a few years ago when Telus posted overage rates, but it was all of for not, because they don't charge them.. lol.
ravenchilde
join:2011-04-01

ravenchilde

said by zod5000:

said by ShawX:

It's kind of moot. Telus has never charged overage and doesn't enforce their caps. I have no idea why they decided to mess around with their posted caps when they don't enforce them. It was like all that hoopla a few years ago when Telus posted overage rates, but it was all of for not, because they don't charge them.. lol.

So you are suggesting a 'wait and see where this goes' approach?
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000

said by ravenchilde:

So you are suggesting a 'wait and see where this goes' approach?

Yup. Telus has a long enough trend of not enforcing that I find it hard to believe they would at this point. If Shaw's bump up program gets ugly (IE the bump you out of grandfathered rates) I think I'd be ok with going back to my old method. Internet on Telus, TV on Shaw.

Of course the reason I left Telus in the first place was because they wouldn't sell me internet faster than 15mpbs, so I would by now they've improved it to 25mbps or 50mbps.