Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
·Verizon FiOS

Mike

Mod

How much that actually costs.

I'm doing an experiment. I'm trying to use the lowest amount of data possible. Without actually browsing on my iPhone 5 off over LTEi, I used 282mbs of data.

I pay $82 (with a 15% service discount) for the absolute bare minimum.

This means your average person is paying $120 per month FOR JUST A PHONE.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

1 edit

bobjohnson

Premium Member

I don't use much data on the phone but I know if Sprint told me I was paying for 2 gigs I would make sure I got up to 1.99 every month and turn off the data. Get what I pay for, but with unlimited I don't use it that often because I know it's always there and by the end of the month I didn't use hardly any? That's strange how that works.

Edit: Missed why I posted anyways... Since I have had the S3 alot of people ask me how much I pay... $150 for 2 lines, the ones with at&t iphones generally tell me they pay in the $120-150 range for one phone. Actually had a customer the other day with Verizon show me his bill and it was $215 with taxes for 2 iphones with 10gigs of data but they only used 1.5 gigs between the two.

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26 to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
i only used 30 mb thats it. I offload to WIFI and simply wait until WIFI is available . I don't need data every second of the day between WIFI hotspots. No verizon im not feeding your cash cow. and i have only the required 300mb of data i would have no data if i could and just use WIFI.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ

MovieLover76 to bobjohnson

to bobjohnson
In those cases the customer clearly doesn't know what they are doing, they are paying for data they are nowhere near using. and with share everything you get unlimited talk, text and 2gb of data for $100. Not sure how they are getting to $150

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

The majority of customers don't know what they're doing and don't want to go over, so they pay way too much. Most of the people I talk to are on legacy plans and with VZ and Att and you can't just change your plan without contract extension. Legacy Nation 900 with unlimited text and 3gigs for an iphone is $110 with $20 or more in taxes... That's close enough to $150 i suppose.