All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
katon2usa
join:2012-11-02
Saint Louis, MO

katon2usa

Is Clear Wimax secure enough or hackable?

I use USB Clear Wimax for most of my internet connection in my Macbook Pro 2010 for internet on the go. But recently for no reason I receive message in my Safari browser that Safari block any site that I want to visit for a message that appear in Safari browser as follows: "home.clear.com certificate is expired, Safari couldn't verify certificate from home.clear.com.
Please do not proceed as this site could pretends as home.clear.com to steal your information. Click continue if you trust this site with your own risk." these message appear every time I try open my Safari browser, but when I open other browser ( Google chrome, Opera, and Mozilla) no security alert shown but unable to connect to internet....

could someone explain to me about this security issue?
I worried that my clear account or either my USB Clear Wimax Security have been Hacked?

thanks.

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC

Jahntassa

Premium Member

I'd call Clear. It sounds like they may have a landing / login page that's broken. Or they proxy everything through their servers and there's something borked there.

I don't think it's a big deal, probably just a misconfig on their end.
katon2usa
join:2012-11-02
Saint Louis, MO

katon2usa

So is it still safe to click to continue button? I'm worry that maybe my USB router being Hijacked, or either my data packet already hijacked? is it possible? Because I connect to internet everyday with this USB stick and have no issue until few days ago when I open the Safari browser it block any site with warning the browser attempt to redirecting me to home.clear.com which its "https" has struck through with red line.

I will check with Clear via chat may be they can give a clue.

Thanks a lot Jahntassa...