join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

2 edits

1 recommendation

Venom14 to Exodus

to Exodus

Re: Heirloom Gear

said by Exodus:

You can't put that on an heirloom, can you?

so long as the enchant/item mod does not have an item level requirement "Requires a level 35 or higher item" you can put it on an heirloom. The item level of heirlooms does NOT change as your toon levels up. They will all stay at ilvl 1.

Lord Blastington's Scope of Doom
Requires Level 85

you cant add it to an heirloom unless the toon using it is higher than the level requirement for the chant; 85 in this case. if the heirloom has the chant on it and you try to equip the heirloom on a low level toon, the error message "You don't meet the level requirement for this item" posts, and you can't equip it.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

This is a hunter-only item, since it talks about ranged attacks only.

Chances are, you'll only use that heirloom once. Get your hunter to 35, slap it on and GG?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
Click for full size
a leveling hunter should carry one of each in his mailbox.
Thanks Venom14 See Profile, I was stuck looking in the wrong spot for limitations.

Venom14
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Exodus

to Exodus
no, the enchant is still melee weapon only. hunter still shoot at point blank range, they don't melee anymore.

scopes or the safety catch removal from engineering are the only thing you can add to a ranged weapon that i know of, and most of them have a character level requirement, not an item level requirement.

But this thread and this post for that matter should not substitute for your personal reading comprehension, or the extent of your research, websensed or not. Get home and look it up. Not to sound like a phallus, but I know I did a little bit.

Twink forums are out there and I'm sure they address it better than I can as I've never successfully twinked a toon. Any twink lurkers out there?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I was referring to the scope enchant.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Venom14

to Venom14
said by Venom14:

Not to sound like a phallus, but I know I did a little bit.

Yeah, you did. But you also brought a lot of good info to the table as well so I'll ignore it. Whether I "research it", "read it", or whatever you want to call it on this forum or on another forum at home when not websensed, either way I'm performing the same action so what difference does it make. The fact that people find this site helpful should be worn as a badge of honor for the people that make it that way, not to re-direct people to go look up other sites.

Venom14
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Exodus

to Exodus

Riiiiiiight.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I think you're just trying to troll but you're being a retard instead.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Exodus

to Exodus
The enchants that require an item level can't be used on heirlooms since even at level 85 (or 90 for that matter) your heirlooms are ilvl 1. The enchants with character level requirements are inactive until you reach that level with the toon. My BoA shoulders are enchanted with Shattrath enchants that require character level 64. Until the toon wearing the shoulders reaches that level the enchantment text is red and says that "enchantment requires level 64." Once the toon reaches that level the enchant text turns white and the bonus is applied. Or at least that is how it worked pre MoP.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

I think you're just trying to troll but you're being a retard instead.

Troll == being a retard == shameless asshole

All trolling is dumb. There is no such thing as a gifted troll. I put a lot of work into the graphics in this thread, and it gets derailed by this crap?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I was just asking genuine questions about the heirloom stuff and your buddy thought he would come in and tell me to Google stuff instead.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

yours was just the last post in the line when I decided to respond.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

oh ok.

Regardless, thanks for the info. I'm finding that since I have no story to connect to in the end-game, I have a severe lack of motivation to jump into any raids right now. I feel like the story in Wrath was the end for me. Cata came along and had a story that was convincing.

What's the story this time around? "Hey look, Pandas! Let's go kill shit for purples!"

I'm sure they've got a story, it just doesn't seem so end-of-the-world like Deathwing, Arthas, Illidan, etc.

Thus, my interest has shifted towards re-exploring game mechanics amongst characters that I've shelved for months or even years. I haven't touched my level ~60 some hunter since they had a mana pool. I haven't touched the lock since Wrath, etc.

Your research on enchants on heirlooms is of interest to me. I know that I currently run around with +30 spell power on my staff and I've used it to level up my monk, mage, lock and priest.

I haven't noticed any other stats of significance in any other gear slot.

Is the a current char of Heirloom Gear by slot/purchase location/price?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

1 recommendation

Immer

Premium Member

Click for full size
weapons
Click for full size
other slots
said by Exodus:

I'm sure they've got a story, it just doesn't seem so end-of-the-world like Deathwing, Arthas, Illidan, etc.

Have to grind out the major reps to find out... but it does look like the various Sha (anger, fear, doubt, etc.) are fragments of an old god that one of the factions has pledged allegiance to in the event of its return. That and we'd all like to see Garrosh die.
said by Exodus:

Is the a current char of Heirloom Gear by slot/purchase location/price?

Vendors are still in the capitol cities (JP Heirloom, PVP Heirloom and Guild vendors).

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Thanks.

Venom14
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Exodus

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Regardless, thanks for the info. I'm finding that since I have no story to connect to in the end-game, I have a severe lack of motivation to jump into any raids right now. I feel like the story in Wrath was the end for me. Cata came along and had a story that was convincing.

big hand-little map: the fighting between the alliance and horde are causing the sha to become more active; any fighting/strife leads to an old god becoming more active. the fighting is about to pick up as the panda's choose sides and join the fighting. i think that Garrosh ends up being controlled by an old god/embodiment of hatered and will have to be killed. we just started a little slow. if the sha take control it is the end of the world.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
For your enchant list, I can tell you that tailors can do their enchant to the cloak and it will work. Of course it's still dependent on the toon having the requisite profession level but it's a nice choice for higher level toons still using heirlooms. I suspect engineering would be the same way with cloaks and tailors also with the pants but I've yet to do those to know for sure.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Right. I think the idea of this thread was to find away to maximize the utility of Heirloom gear throughout the leveling experience. I think using an armor patch on shoulders until you are high enough level to use a Cata enchant is probably a better way to go than to simply forgo any enchant until your shoulder enchant becomes active.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Oh yeah I would definitely find something to stick on there. Something is better than nothing but it doesn't hurt to list those for the time you do get the requisite profession high enough.