Premium Member
join:2001-05-20
Novato, CA

Jtmo to Ken

Premium Member

to Ken

Re: Rust-Oleum Countertop Transformations Project

Good job.

All appliances are black except for the ugly white stove, just saying Sears has a nice ceramic black stove for $450.

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion to Ken

MVM

to Ken
Looks very nice when done.. and I even like the color in your kitchen area. I can't imagine I will ever have a need for it but very interesting instructions. My laminate top that was eventually replaced was curled in places so this wouldn't have been an option. The option at the time was wait a couple of years until could afford to get a new one. I AM very curious however how long this type of top would last.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo to Ken

to Ken
said by Jtmo:

All appliances are black except for the ugly white stove, just saying Sears has a nice ceramic black stove for $450.

He's doing this to make the house more appealing for selling it. So appliances are of no impact.

Speaking of refreshing a kitchen, I wonder, is it easy enough for a good DIYer to change the laminate surface on kitchen cabinets?

Our kitchen cabinets are "fine", but it's a very generic white.
The handles and mouldings are simple enough to replace, but laminate.... seems very intensive in terms of having to be precise in the cuts.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

said by alkizmo:

Speaking of refreshing a kitchen, I wonder, is it easy enough for a good DIYer to change the laminate surface on kitchen cabinets?

Our kitchen cabinets are "fine", but it's a very generic white.
The handles and mouldings are simple enough to replace, but laminate.... seems very intensive in terms of having to be precise in the cuts.

Thats what routers are for.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by Coma:

Thats what routers are for.

Well they are for other things too

But ya I can see how they'd trim the excess edges of laminate flush with the particulate board of the cabinets.

Hmmm kitchen refacing seems like it could happen within a year or two.

Ken
MVM
join:2003-06-16
Markle, IN

Ken

MVM

Rust-Oleum does make a Cabinet Transformations line. I haven't researched that product at all so no idea if it's good or crap.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka to alkizmo

MVM

to alkizmo
Many sellers of countertops sell them cut to suit your kitchen.

This often includes a visit for the seller to measure your kitchen.