join:2010-11-21
Sunnyvale, CA

dutchtender to ropeguru

to ropeguru

Re: CC Disaster - they will be all right

said by ropeguru:

said by travelguy:

said by Bluster :

Things are quiet, calls are going through.

Things may be quiet, but they are not all back to normal. CC DIDs hosted in NYC are still out with no ETA.

I was fortunate enough to be using a Google Voice number as my public number, so it was easy enough for me to redirect calls to that number, but it is a bit of a pain.

To clarify, this is NOT CC's fault. The equipment this is provided through in NYC is still down. So this is beyond CC's control.

my DIDs are 914 upstate. any idea why they aren't working? they are not in NYC.

josephf
join:2009-04-26

josephf

914 is Westchester County, bordering NYC, which is also a declared Federal disaster area.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to dutchtender

Premium Member

to dutchtender
said by dutchtender:

No I cannot. The DID's that travelguy See Profile was referring to and I clarified were New York City DID's.

Is yours a NY free DID? I remember something being mentioned about all the NY free DID's being down because of the way they get them from their carrier who is down and has an unknown ETA of being back up.

SpaethCo
Digital Plumber
MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

SpaethCo to dutchtender

MVM

to dutchtender
said by dutchtender:

The majority of the exchanges in area code 914 are LATA 132 (NYC Metro). Just because it's an "upstate number" doesn't mean the interconnect gear is physically located upstate; it can be located anywhere in the LATA network boundary which could include NYC proper.

josephf
join:2009-04-26

josephf

I believe the entire area code 914 is in LATA 132.