loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to vue666

to vue666

Re: [Serious] Statists, be proud! re: Ashley Smith

said by vue666:

A true tragedy...

Sorry but there are real criminals who commit real crimes and yet they get a lighter sentence then Ashley for the childish prank of throwing an apple at a mailman. Granted the mailman may not have appreciated having an apple hurled in their direction but that's not the point now is it...

Edited: for grammar mistake

this tragedy so shameful to Canadian society.
These things will keep on happening and I doubt the inquest really help anybody. This is good for forums, newspapers, politicians and then nothing happens until it happens again.

"first thrown in jail at 15 for throwing crab apples at a postal worker. "
Never mess with Texas or CRA or Canada post employee...

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by loosedobbs:

Or, more likely, the absence of adequate youth mental health services in Moncton, N.B. caused the judge to send her to a correctional facility where, it was hoped, she would get help. She never did.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to loosedobbs

to loosedobbs
said by loosedobbs:

said by vue666:

A true tragedy...

Sorry but there are real criminals who commit real crimes and yet they get a lighter sentence then Ashley for the childish prank of throwing an apple at a mailman. Granted the mailman may not have appreciated having an apple hurled in their direction but that's not the point now is it...

Edited: for grammar mistake

this tragedy so shameful to Canadian society.
These things will keep on happening and I doubt the inquest really help anybody. This is good for forums, newspapers, politicians and then nothing happens until it happens again.

I would suggest everyone write or e-mail their MP and the Justice Minister. Sign petitions asking this issue be given more attention and demanding proper funding by our government...

Is there an online petition someone can direct us to?

I seldom sign on-line petitions but it would be a crime if I did not do something...

Action may result in saving a life but I can assure you inaction WILL result in the loss of another Ashley Smith...

Life is just too short to be bickering over trivial stuff...

Come on let's work together and do something constructive for a change...

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
said by DKS:

the absence of adequate youth mental health services in Moncton, N.B. caused the judge to send her to a correctional facility where, it was hoped, she would get help. She never did.

That's exactly what happened. The motivation was altruistic, but the result was tragic.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

Local news is reporting there are many more video tapes that have not been released showing further abuse this poor lass endured...

Makes one wonder how many Ashley Smiths are in a Canadian prison when they should be getting medical attention...

Truly sad...
Expand your moderator at work