spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sean714

@bhn.net

[Internet] conectivity problems with xbox live and ubee wireless

i just upgraded to a ubee wireless modem from brighthouse so my son can play xbox live. this is a first time set up. he can connect to internet with the xbox (although he said the download speed was slow) but he can't connect to any game servers. it searches for a match for a while and then kicks him off. i understand ubee and xbox have compatibility issues. can anyone please help me resolve this?

regularjoe

@rr.com

Re: [Internet] conectivity problems with xbox live and ubee wire

is the xbox connected via wireless to the ubee and if so, how far apart are the two?

Its always good to go wired with online gaming consoles. But you need to provide some more info.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
reply to Sean714
This is an easy fix...open a direct forums thread and be sure to include your IP address and I'll get ya squared away.

Xboxguy

@bhn.net
We have the same problem as Sean can you help?

scott3407

join:2012-11-04
reply to BHNtechXpert
We also have the same problem with our ubee modem and connecting to the servers on Xbox live.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Sean714
Yes to all of you

Sean714

@72.243.114.x
reply to Sean714
i got it fixed. i called brighthouse and explained what was going on with the modem. they put me on with an internet tech (i believe that's what she called him) and he fixed the problem in a few minutes. he said he just had to open some ports on his end. all is well. thanks.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Sean714 :

i got it fixed. i called brighthouse and explained what was going on with the modem. they put me on with an internet tech (i believe that's what she called him) and he fixed the problem in a few minutes. he said he just had to open some ports on his end. all is well. thanks.

If it continues let me know and just open the direct forums thread as instructed...and I'll handle it
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~