Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
reply to Dustyn

Re: Windows 8 anti virus Norton 2013 or something else?

Ran live update again and was prompted for a reboot. After that the toolbar was enabled and works. I totally hate though. Its an eye sore. Do you have to have this toolbar enabled for the other extension works which is the Norton Vulnerability Protection?

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

Well, I don't use Firefox myself... however, as you can see through my screen shot it works perfectly in IE9 with the toolbar disabled, and all other Norton related features enabled. Give it a try and see if you can enable everything but the toolbar in Firefox.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR

1 recommendation

Okay I disabled the toolbar and the norton vulnerability protection is still enabled. That's a good sign. I had not seen or used a toolbar in so long it made me sick! Haha!

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN

Awesome!

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR

You know one thing I like about with the toolbar is safe website ratings. Any way to use that with out having the toolbar enabled?

AVpro

@wideopenwest.com
reply to KoRnGtL15

Leave the MS one on and running, then toss on PandaCloudFree and you got some awesome protection with almost no system drag.

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN

1 recommendation

reply to KoRnGtL15

said by KoRnGtL15:

You know one thing I like about with the toolbar is safe website ratings. Any way to use that with out having the toolbar enabled?

I believe you figured this out. For others, same way... just disable the toolbar but enable the other Norton plugins.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR

1 recommendation

Click for full size
I needed to be a little more clear about the trick I used. I really like the Norton Safe Web from with in the toolbar. I left the toolbar enabled but. I disabled the actual search bar. Since I use the google bar with in firefox. Which btw. Still gives me norton safe search results. And I disabled identity safe with in norton since I am not using it. So, instead of it looking like a nasty and ugly useless toolbar. I just see a few icons as seen in the picture.

Smokey Bear
veritas odium parit
Premium
join:2008-03-15
Annie's Pub
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to Woody79_00

said by Woody79_00:
To be honest, im not saying Norton is bad, but its way over-priced

Even Google can be your friend...

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR
reply to Dustyn

Its now 90 day but are those in English? It shows a different language. I avoided downloading it because of that and went with the 30 day trial from Norton site. But, I am putting it on another pc now and willing to download the 90 day. If it is in english.

said by Dustyn:

You can try here if you want 2013: »www.mostiwant.com/blog/norton-in···uct-key/