share rss forum feed

C_Chipperson
Monster Rain
Premium
join:2009-01-17
kudos:3

1 edit

[Speed] Aurora, CO should have a speed upgrade within two months

I just spoke with a CAE in my area (Aurora, CO) and he told me that a speed upgrade is supposed to happen within the next month or 2 for my area.. He said my blast speed would "double" - hopefully this means 50/10? Sorry, wish I had more information for this thread but that's all I got.

spookypuff66

join:2003-11-10
Silverthorne, CO

Re: [Speed] Aurora, CO should have a speed upgrade within two mo

Thanks. Usually we get upgraded when Denver does. I'm on 12/2. How will we know when the upgrade is available?

C_Chipperson
Monster Rain
Premium

said by spookypuff66:

Thanks. Usually we get upgraded when Denver does. I'm on 12/2. How will we know when the upgrade is available?

I hope Comcast will send out some sort of notification by email, or regular mail? I think I will probably run a shaperprobe or regular speed test once a week or so (whenever I remember to do it) and hopefully see a nice big increase in download AND upload. 10mbps upload would be sweet!

MTBikerChris
Premium
join:2001-08-28
Broomfield, CO
reply to C_Chipperson

Not to bad for wireless N , Would be nice to see more but if I wire up I will see more speed !
I am in Broomfield !!

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to C_Chipperson

Wonder if this is why I have had so much downtime in the last month. I have had 11 times in 5 weeks where the internet was down in my area for at least 2 hours. All the xfinity line said was that my address is in an area where there is a known problem and that they were working on restoring service. Hoping it was doing what they need to do for a speed upgrade.

KitFox

join:2002-10-09
Denver, CO
kudos:1
reply to C_Chipperson

Also in Broomfield, CO here. When the tech came out, he implied that there would be a speed increase across the board in the Denver/Boulder/Points Between area in December or so. I think I must have misheard or misremembered, as I think he said the Extreme 105 was going to 305. :\

WheatRidgeCO

@comcastbusiness.net
reply to C_Chipperson

Well if they double Blast people, What about ULTRA people, we have been paying more than the Blast people. I pay $20 Extra a month for ULTRA, and am getting 22/5 speeds, what speed will we be getting ???

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:6

said by WheatRidgeCO :

Well if they double Blast people, What about ULTRA people, we have been paying more than the Blast people. I pay $20 Extra a month for ULTRA, and am getting 22/5 speeds, what speed will we be getting ???

I believe in most areas, Ultra customers have to call Comcast and request to change their tier to Blast. That makes sense once your area boosts the Blast! tier speed to 50/10.

See: »Is it worth it to keep my "Ultra" Tier over "Blast"?

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
reply to WheatRidgeCO

Ultra is a grandfathered tier that will not likely be doubled.
if the price difference and previous Blast! speed increases didn't get you to change plans, this should do the trick.

timtom

join:2012-11-15
reply to C_Chipperson

said by C_Chipperson:

I just spoke with a CAE in my area (Aurora, CO) and he told me that a speed upgrade is supposed to happen within the next month or 2 for my area.. He said my blast speed would "double" - hopefully this means 50/10? Sorry, wish I had more information for this thread but that's all I got.

There is no info about speed upgrade. I doubt we will get it soon

C_Chipperson
Monster Rain
Premium

said by timtom:

said by C_Chipperson:

Not sure what you are asking - I posted a statement of what a Comcast employee told me, 2 weeks ago...

timtom

join:2012-11-15

1 edit

said by C_Chipperson:

said by timtom:

said by C_Chipperson:

Not sure what you are asking - I posted a statement of what a Comcast employee told me, 2 weeks ago...

I am Comcast employee There is no info at this time about upgrade.
I'll let you know

C_Chipperson
Monster Rain
Premium

said by timtom:

I am Comcast employee There is no info at this time about upgrade.
I'll let you know

Any word?

travelguy

join:1999-09-03
Santa Fe, NM
reply to C_Chipperson

said by C_Chipperson:

I swear some of the call center people are told to say that when they have no data. Not blaming Comcast - that was the reason I switched from CenturyLink to Comcast. Every time I'd called CL to ask when my 1.5 DSL line would have higher speeds available, they'd punch a few keys in the terminal and come and say upgraded speeds would be available in 2 months. Two months would come and go, no faster speeds offered, I'd call back and ask again, they'd say two months. That happened for over a year and it finally pissed me off enough to cancel phone and DSL.