dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« Should also reduce fraud..
This is a sub-selection from Good idea...
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5

Re: Good idea...

I have a hard time believing those numbers are truly all robberies. Around here, the average stolen cell phone is a coverup for "I left at a bar," "I was drunk and left it at a party," "I forgot it on the roof of my car and drove off," "I was stupid and left it lying around," "I dropped it on the sidewalk," "I left my phone at my gf/bf's house and they read my texts and flushed the phone down the toilet when the realized I was cheating on them," etc. Avoiding the challenge of personal responsibility and possible humiliation. I can't count the amount of teenagers especially that I have seen use the excuse of it being stolen to cover up their irresponsibility.

Bootes
Premium Member
join:2005-01-28
New York, NY

Bootes

Premium Member

How many of them are filing fake police reports on their stolen phone? Maybe they tell their friend's and family that it was stolen, but I doubt they're filing police reports and being counted in these statistics.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

I think you would be surprised. If they can get something out of it, say insurance money, they'll do it.

buddahbless
join:2005-03-21
Premium

buddahbless

said by silbaco:

I think you would be surprised. If they can get something out of it, say insurance money, they'll do it.

Agreed, once they see a loophole ( which there is one see my posts above) its all over. Theres a big difference to report it stolen and get a free phone or say you lost it and be S.O.L and need to purchase a phone all over again.
« Should also reduce fraud..
This is a sub-selection from Good idea...