spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

quickdry21

join:2009-05-15

American VPN recomendations

I'm looking for a VPN provider located in the States that will allow me to work around geographical restrictions on internet services (such as Netflix, Google Music and others). Is VPN a good way to accomplish this goal or are there other/better alternatives?

If VPN is a reasonable way to accomplish this, can anyone recommend a VPN service?

ns1225

join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC
I've been using Tunnelbear but for UK services and it's worked very well. They have mobile and desktop options for access.

quickdry21

I used TunnelBear's free service to set up Google Music and it worker really well. How is the paid unlimited plan for streaming video?

quickdry21

reply to ns1225
Actually, I have a question about Tunnelbear and I didn't see anything on their site answering this. Can you use one Tunnelbear account from multiple locations/computers? I'm in Edmonton working right now, but I'd like for my wife to be able to use it from Montreal while I'm using it out of Edmonton.

If this is possible, can two locations access the VPN service from the same account simultaneously?

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
»www.webhostingtalk.com/showthrea ··· Neosurge

one of these with PPTP enabled and routing thru the PPTP interface in windows (or setup a separate router to negotiate the pptp connection and connect all your devices to it)

Just sayin'
--
"Lord giveth but he also taketh away"
»www.speedtest.net/result/2102768 ··· 8148.png

pldube

join:2011-06-11
canada
reply to quickdry21
In the past I use strongvpn and they are very slow.

Now I use www.privateinternetaccess.com for 3.33$/month. They are very fast and you can use two device at the same connect to the VPN.

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to quickdry21
I use ibvpn myself. once a year they have %50 off and that is when I buy my year.

quickdry21

I've been trying out Tunnelbear and I'm pretty happy with it so far. It is simple, works and fills my needs. Only complaint is being limited to one PC and two mobile devices at a time; I would like to use it on two PCs at the same time.
Expand your moderator at work