uniqs
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO

Premium Member

Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX - click with scroll wheel

Is it supported?

I know that when you click on scroll wheel the mouse toggles between normal any hyper scroll modes. But can I make a simple click with scroll wheel too? To open URL in a new tab... as an example.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

No the button below the wheel is the middle click button on these mice. Pushing the wheel only changes the wheel mode like you say.

It took me a while to get used to but now I like it better. Clicking with the wheel was always finicky, I'd try to click on something and end up scrolling away from it.
OZO
Premium Member

OZO

Premium Member

Thank you, pnjunction See Profile. You mean this button, right?:

Application button

Does this button work without special Logitech software? (I'm afraid of its big footprint)

Also, I've seen lot of complains about left button double clicking. Have you notice something like this?

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

pnjunction

Premium Member

I know a couple of other people with this mouse and haven't experienced or heard of problems with double-clicking.

I can't guarantee it but I think that button may act like middle button without the logitech software. I determined this by setting it to the (stupid) application-switcher, then killed setpoint process and it was indeed back to middle button again. Then when I restarted setpoint it was back to app'n switcher until I changed the setting back to middle button again. It was also middle button after I uninstalled setpoint, but I think you'd have to try it with a 'virgin' computer that has never been corrupted by setpoint to be completely sure...
OZO
Premium Member

OZO

Premium Member

Tanks a lot, pnjunction See Profile. I appreciate your input here.