join:2000-09-18
Pelham, AL
Reviews:
·Charter
·AT&T Southeast
reply to graysonf

Re: Uverse question

said by graysonf:

U-verse runs over copper, the same copper DSL does.

I was under the impression that UVerse is fiber to the neighborhood distribution box, then copper to the home. And that once they take your copper pair from the CO to the box, you generally can't get it back.

But you're probably right, I'm certainly no expert.

Tim
--
"Life is like this long line, except at the end there ain't no merry-go-round." - Arthur on The King of Queens
~ Project Hope ~

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1
I'm no expert.......... but most remote terminals (adsl & vdsl) have fiber connections to a CO

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
reply to timcuth
said by timcuth:

said by graysonf:

I was under the impression that UVerse is fiber to the neighborhood distribution box, then copper to the home. And that once they take your copper pair from the CO to the box, you generally can't get it back.

Yes but the two DSL are separate pairs/lines... so yes once killed they may never get the AAT pair back again, but no reason that should affect the separately contracted ISP line though it rides ATT copper... but separate contracts/pairs
--

Canezoid
End of line

join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to timcuth
said by timcuth:

said by graysonf:

But you're probably right, I'm certainly no expert.

Tim

I think you are confusing the issue of not being able to qualify for DSL services once a migration to Uverse internet has taken place, yes that can & does happen. Copper to the home is just pairs, just connects the home to the network, doesn't matter what's running on it.

If engineering for the area has deemed a cap on the ATM dslam at that site, whether on force migration to Uverse or not, then DSL service for that address goes "red" and will not qualify back to DSL should a customer change their mind.

As far as the OPs ?, I don't think there should be an issue because TMK, AT&T does not "resell" HSI services to 3rd parties, so that connection is mute, you must be using a line share type service from that independent, like Covad use to do.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
said by Canezoid:

AT&T does not "resell" HSI services to 3rd parties, so that connection is mute, you must be using a line share type service from that independent, like Covad use to do.

ATT does indeed resell DSL... off the top of my head to both DISH and DIRECT TV.

Been a while since I have had resold DSL as they had a tendency to go out of business or over extended themselves.
--