spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hellohello

@shawcable.net

very slow speeds

i have broadband 100 and for the past week or 2 i have been getting 1-4 mb download most of the time unless its 3 am... calling shaw does nothing and i have no idea what to do... i have done many virus scans with bitdefender and scans with malware byes and avast and nothing was found at all...

»i.imgur.com/EdB8f.jpg my speeds...

does anyone have any ideas? this is in winnipeg manitoba.. no router only a modem wireless is turned off

Shaw50

@shawcable.net
Book a service call and get a tech out. Might take a few times/a good tech but if thats right to the modem you need a tech visit.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to hellohello
Looks like a conjested node, your speeds fluxuate, 3am is good.

Keep calling Shaw, register and contact ShawSean here,

If it is marked as a 'known issue' then Shaw should be working on a permanent resolution at that point.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

Sandiy

@shawcable.net
reply to hellohello
Yep if one tech shows up and its all good and a few hours later its bad again... Call in again!! Worst case it takes a while to get fixed but you are able to eventually get a credit (Just my experience)

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw
Also try to get the tech booked for times when you are having the most issues.

If you're having speed issues between 6pm-1am booking a service call for 9am will not be productive. If you can.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

Jackbox

@184.70.57.x
reply to hellohello
Try to have Shaw reprovision or "reset" your modem. That worked for me!

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

join:2010-12-16
kudos:1
reply to hellohello
Hey hellohello,
Send me a PM with your account number and we can have a look at your modem and see what we can do to get your speeds up to what they are supposed to be.

One last step on your side is trying a speed test in Safe Mode. Just as a final step in making sure there isn't something running in the background that is affecting your speeds.
-Shaw_Alex