spc
uniqs
dabhome
join:2012-10-28
Livonia, MI

dabhome to cmcasey79

to cmcasey79

Re: Workaround for lack of 30 second fast forward

They removed it (or should I say it never existed) from Navigator software. iGuide had it, but Navigator does not.

Now that I have a button which automatically sets 3x fast forward and than play (with lag support) I actually like it better. And interestingly enough I actually see less commercials.

David

cmcasey79
join:2000-12-10
Allen Park, MI

cmcasey79

so the DCX 3510 doesn't run iGuide software? Interesting! one of my number segments on the front display on my 3400 went out the other day, so I need to get my box swapped eventually. How different is the new software on that box?
dabhome
join:2012-10-28
Livonia, MI

dabhome

said by cmcasey79:

so the DCX 3510 doesn't run iGuide software? Interesting! one of my number segments on the front display on my 3400 went out the other day, so I need to get my box swapped eventually. How different is the new software on that box?

I don't know if it doesn't run iGuide or not. I was told they updated the iGuide in July in order to provide better features, such as Look Back. The interface is totally different. Whether or not the new system is better is subjective. When I first got it, I hated it. But, a main reason is that the user interface is not intuitive and there is no help. As I played with it and found workarounds and got the rhythm of the interface it isn't as bad as I once thought. See my post near the end of »[CFL] beIN TV - When will it be avaialble. for a detailed list of wants.

David