dslreports logo
site
 
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer




how-to block ads


Search Topic:
uniqs
1161
share rss forum feed


Otto58

join:2001-02-26
Germany

USG 20 and IE10

Has anyone successfully used IE10 (Win 8) to configure the USG? For example I can't see the log!



Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

1 edit

Running win8 beta still, ie 10.0.8250.0. I'm definitely having some issues (keeps going through the process to install flash then comes up and says the latest is built in, but doesn't show the front and rear panel pic on the dashboard page of the web interface which apparently uses flash player.) But I was able to view pages to include the log after setting the browser for compatibility view.

Be sure you're in IE Desktop and not metro...



Otto58

join:2001-02-26
Germany

Thanks, I use IE 10.9200.16384 and now using the compatibility view all (also the two flash pictures) is ok.



Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

My flash stuff must not be working due to using beta; glad to hear it works with the full release.

I'm not so sure about switching to Win8 - I'm hearing about too many odd hiccups I don't want to deal with.



Otto58

join:2001-02-26
Germany

I have IE 10.9200.16384 also on the german Enterprise Evaluation (installed 4 day ago) and it also works.

"I'm not so sure about switching to Win8", but I bought one 29,99 Euro upgrade. Using ClassicShell it is possible to test it. But the list of problems is long.



Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT
reply to Otto58

I realize I'm pulling an old thread back up but didn't see the harm in it this time.

After upgrading to Win8 a few weeks ago I just noticed today that I'm having problems in the web interface of my USG20W while using IE10. The boxes on the main window shows up in one column instead of two like it should and though I can click on the four tabs on the left fine, I can't click on any options; nothing happens.

My solution was to add the IP address of the web interface to the local intranet zone in IE10 - for some reason this was not detected automatically. The security settings in that zone are set at default, I believe. I did not need to force compatibility mode.

I assume this has something to do with security settings involving javascript. (??)

Everything seems to be working like normal now. Whew!


windphantom

join:2013-01-31

said by Gork:

I realize I'm pulling an old thread back up but didn't see the harm in it this time.

After upgrading to Win8 a few weeks ago I just noticed today that I'm having problems in the web interface of my USG20W while using IE10. The boxes on the main window shows up in one column instead of two like it should and though I can click on the four tabs on the left fine, I can't click on any options; nothing happens.

As long as you turn on compatibility view in IE10, the USG20W should work fine.


Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

said by windphantom:

As long as you turn on compatibility view in IE10, the USG20W should work fine.

That was the first thing I tried and it did not work. I was still unable to click on the options down the left side of the browser window (to get to logs for instance) and the widgets on the main page after log in showed up in a single column instead of two. Before ensuring compatibility view as active I wasn't even able to get that far.

I am, btw, talking about the desktop version of IE10, not the "metro" version. I have everything working perfectly now with the web interface of the USG in the "trusted sites zone" (default security settings) even with "enhanced protected mode" (64 bit tabs) activated in IE.


Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT
reply to Otto58

I've finally given up on "enable enhanced protected mode" in IE10. It causes problems with most of the PHP applications I run on my web server, with the web interface of the router (as I've outlined) and many web sites I visit. I have taken the IP address for the web interface of my USG out of the trusted zone and simply disable this enhanced protected mode.

I would rather have learned how this enhanced protected mode worked and how I was meant to do this "the right way" with this mode protected but I've decided it's just not ready for prime time yet. I'd prefer to use this option as it enabled 64-bit tabs and I tend to be an "early adopter," but oh well.