join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL

[speed/latency] lower dsl sync and speed after Sandy

Did anyone else notice?

As as example I used to have 3MB down before Sandy, but now I have it appears l have 1MB down.

Thanks
--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.

BOGBS
Premium
join:2004-05-11

1 recommendation

Have you called into Verizon? Those margins show plenty of room to get you back to 3Mbps, as far as I can tell.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24

1 recommendation

Agreed. Call Verizon and get someone to re-provision the line back to 3Mbps, maybe higher if it's available.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
Bethlehem, PA
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL
said by Smith6612:

Agreed. Call Verizon and get someone to re-provision the line back to 3Mbps, maybe higher if it's available.

Ok.

That might help some people, but some other people mught need more help than that.

Let us say that an user picked up the phone and they hear the dial tone.

What phone number do they have to dial?

What option(s) do they have to select?

What do they have to say to these people at Verzion?

Thanks.
--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
North Tonawanda, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

If memory recalls, if you were to dial just the standard 1-800-VERIZON number and then press the option for High Speed Internet > Technical support (they change the menus constantly), the agent you get on the line should have the ability to put in a re-provision request if they see the speed is off. Just explain your case saying the line after the storm has decreased in speed, you've tried rebooting your modem (which I assume has been done) and you'd like them to check your line profile. Failing that, someone in Billing would need to verify what package you have and then push for a re-provision if they see you're off (without adjusting your price/package, though).

Verizon Direct here on this website may also be able to help, but the last I recall they've been playing the "Automatic speed for package" game and they also don't have access to the billing records.

Of course, as we all know it's a gamble as to how soon you'll get the speed back.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
Bethlehem, PA
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL

1 edit
said by Smith6612:

Verizon Direct here on this website may also be able to help, but the last I recall they've been playing the "Automatic speed for package" game and they also don't have access to the billing records.

Also, the last I recall: They only help with users on consumer accounts / non static IP Address(es) accounts.

said by Smith6612:

If memory recalls, if you were to dial just the standard 1-800-VERIZON number and then press the option for High Speed Internet > Technical support (they change the menus constantly), the agent you get on the line should have the ability to put in a re-provision request if they see the speed is off. Just explain your case saying the line after the storm has decreased in speed, you've tried rebooting your modem (which I assume has been done) and you'd like them to check your line profile. Failing that, someone in Billing would need to verify what package you have and then push for a re-provision if they see you're off (without adjusting your price/package, though).

Thanks I will try that...
--

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
Bethlehem, PA
reply to aefstoggaflm
Thank you all, resolved/fixed (for me).

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
North Tonawanda, NY
Awesome. What speed do you get back to? 3M?

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
Bethlehem, PA
reply to aefstoggaflm
Yep, 3M.