[Need Info] HSPA+ detailed specification information
I am doing some research on HSPA+ and although I was able to find some documentation on the 3GPP website and Wikipedia I can't really find the requirements for such network deployments based on specifications.
Provides a list of the release, category, modulations etc etc.
MIMO which is Multiple input/multiple output comes into effect on release 7 cat 15.
The questions I am trying to answer:
1. Is MIMO a hardware capability or is it more of a software algorithm that provides the functionality in firmware?
2. Same as question one but with Dual-Cell.
3. What are the requirements needed for such a setup based on Release 5 cat 10 and the upgrade path of MIMO and Dual-Cell based on this experiment?
4. If speeds of over 100Mbps (theoretical speed) can be achieved with Release 10 cat 30. Then why is the upgrade for LTE such a necessity? What is the channel width requirement? Is it cost effective?
5. Based on further releases, is the client upgrade path software based or is it hardware based?
Some questions I been trying to answer, if anyone can point me in the right direction that will be great. Thanks.
San Diego, CA
In regards to #4, that pretty much was everybody's question back before the at&t- tmobile merger announcement. As, t-mobile was planning on sticking with HSPA+, reaching speeds of well over 100Mb down. But, LTE is the buzzword of the day.
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.