All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
DeltaDart1
join:2007-12-13
Cedar Rapids, IA

DeltaDart1

Prior Cable Company Wants Me Back-Boxee??

About 6 months ago I switched to Mediacom. Got cable,phone and internet. Good price. Got an offer from other cable company said they would match the price plus give me $200 to buy out my contract with Mediacom. So I guess the free market works after all. Plus anyone know anything about the Boxee that is being sold at Walmart? Are this many people cutting the cable cord and going with this? With Netflix,Roku,etc. out there is this the future?
Pringlescan
join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA

Pringlescan

The best one to buy is the WD Live TV. It'll play everything you can think of. Downside to these boxes, they don't connect to cable or satellite. So you can't use them as a cable box. Netflix is good, but limited on it's content to streamers. The other services like hulu and things like it all have a fee and the content there is limited as well.
wacko1128
join:2010-03-23
Clinton, IL

wacko1128 to DeltaDart1

to DeltaDart1
WD TV Live newest update adds support for Hauppauge tuner. Just beginning to research for myself. Supposedly it will allow the box + attached storage to work as DVR for OTA broadcasts (some subscription required).

OldCableGuy
@planetcr.net

OldCableGuy to DeltaDart1

Anon

to DeltaDart1
ImOn (I assume the other company you talk about) is giving subscribers their branded Boxee to use for their IPTV PPV service. As you'll also find all their HD non premium channels are in clear QAM.

Enjoy!