uniqs
share rss forum feed

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
Reviews:
·FreedomPop

UnoTelly / UnoDNS : You guys actually answer support email?

I sent in a subscription question (about supported hardware) to support, days ago, and have yet to receive a response. UnoTelly / UnoDNS was banned from RedFlagDeals. I've read here that UnoTelly is supposedly peachy now, but I've got the feeling they are better at anonymous self-plugs / self-promotion than with answering a basic support email. What gives Nick?

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union

bbbc

NorthAmerica
Reviews:
·FreedomPop

UPDATE: UnoTelly / UnoDNS support sucks. It took them six days for an initial answer / first response to the simplest of questions. I completely understand why RFD banned them, they only seem to be good at bribing blog owners with free subs. Guess I'm not leaving UnblockUs.

--

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
reply to bbbc

I have had nothing but bad experiences with UNOTELLY... Unblock us has been great...

pmcdunnough

join:2012-02-03

I've had excellent support from unotelly. Unblock us is good as well. The ability to automate ip upgrading with unotelly is really great.

mark_in_2k

join:2007-02-11
Kitchener, ON

I've also had zero problems with Uno. And I also had a technical question answered in less than 45 mins.

alexpb1

join:2005-06-23
Barrie, ON
reply to bbbc

Never had a single issue with Uno either. Haven't needed to use tech support at all though so I can't vouch for them there.

bbbc

NorthAmerica
reply to bbbc

Is it me or does it seem strange that three different folks answer this thread after it rotted for ten days?

--

Kane Hart

join:2012-11-17
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by bbbc:

Is it me or does it seem strange that three different folks answer this thread after it rotted for ten days?

Not really since one bumped it the other 2 saw it and replied. Now stop crying and go play with your toys!

bbbc

NorthAmerica
Reviews:
·FreedomPop

said by Kane Hart :

Now stop crying and go play with your toys!

This is rich coming from someone who registered ten days ago. I'm crying, please. Warning others that Uno seems to be a piece of sh*t, that's all tiger.

Just seems strange since UnoWhatever was banned from RFD for stacking positive comments, perhaps some déjà vu happening here on DSLR.

--

alexpb1

join:2005-06-23
Barrie, ON

said by bbbc:

said by Kane Hart :

Now stop crying and go play with your toys!

This is rich coming from someone who registered ten days ago. I'm crying, please. Warning others that Uno seems to be a piece of sh*t, that's all tiger.

Just seems strange since UnoWhatever was banned from RFD for stacking positive comments, perhaps some déjà vu happening here on DSLR.

More than likely the mods at RFD began censoring the word UnoTelly because they found a lot of praise coming from newly made accounts, which looks rather suspicious.

Aside from pmcdunnogh who joined last February, mark_in_2k and I have been here for YEARS. But I guess I signed up all that time ago so one day I could praise some small internet company the majority has never even heard about.

Kane Heart is correct. The thread was bumped, I noticed it on the front page. I read it and replied with my personal experience. Nothing fishy about it.

I couldn't care less what company you end up with, but if I happen to have good experience with one, I will share my opinion.
The truth is I've never had any issues with UnoTelly, nor have I when I was with Unblock-Us. To me they are all basically identical.

pmcdunnough

join:2012-02-03
reply to bbbc

Well I have been a happy user of unblock-us for ages. I moved to UnoTelly ( but still have an unblock-us account) because I had the infamous Sagecom disconnect problem ( PPPoE just exits every day or two) and did not want to have to use a web browser to keep reactivating my account with unblock-us). UnoTelly lets me use a cron job ( or just a scheduled task in Windows) on a Mac to keep updating my account. Once I switched I found UnoTelly to be just as good as unblock-us if not better. They still offer yearly rates which unblock-us no longer does. I don't work for them, don't know them, etc... They have answered my questions pretty fast so I have no complaints. To me both services are very good. I just now feel that UnoTelly offers more for less.

philip