Did...Did I Do That?
Premium Member
join:2001-03-13
Fort Gibson, OK
Motorola MB7220

cmhbob

Premium Member

iCom H12 Questions

A friend who was trying to get me into amateur radio gave me this radio, and I've lost touch with him, so I'm trying to figure things out to see if it's worth keeping..

It's the radio only: no battery, antenna or anything else. Serial number is in the 33XX range.

Here's the odd part. According to everything I've found, the H12 was diode-programmable. The manual I found doesn't picture what I've got. I don't think the original H12 came with a keypad.

So what exactly do I have?

drjim
MVM
join:2000-06-13
Long Beach, CA

drjim

MVM

I can't find anything, either.

I've always had good luck sending tech questions like this to ICom.

»www.icomamerica.com/en/c ··· tType=TS

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to cmhbob

Premium Member

to cmhbob
Found this:

»forums.radioreference.co ··· ing.html

Generally speaking, I'd say it isn't worth much, but Icom HTs of this era are great since they have separate transmitters & receivers, and they make reasonably decent porta-peaters.

Also, that control style reminds me of a 'commercial' radio rather than an Amateur one.

Google turns up NO image of that style, though.

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
MVM
join:2002-02-10
Columbia, MO

alphapointe to cmhbob

MVM

to cmhbob
Looks like it has been heavily modified...

What frequency(ies) is it on? The H12 was originally in the 150-160MHz range. (we had a couple in the equipment morgue in the Canton police department...)
cmhbob
Did...Did I Do That?
Premium Member
join:2001-03-13
Fort Gibson, OK
Motorola MB7220

cmhbob

Premium Member

I'll go ahead and hit iCom up tomorrow.

No idea what freqs are programmed. I've got no power source or cable of any kind.

The keypad is all rubber, in that the stuff between the buttons isn't a hard plastic like I'd expect, but the same as what's covering the buttons.

Thanks all. I'll update this when I find out more.