Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to Russ6

MVM

to Russ6

Re: Grocery Store Checkout Lane Light

I'm curious, what resolution do you want in the end ?

Bruschi
Premium Member
join:2001-04-16
Cape Cod

Bruschi

Premium Member

What everybody else wants. FREE groceries for life
kherr
Premium Member
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL

1 recommendation

kherr to Hall

Premium Member

to Hall
He should have just left the cart and walk out the door .......
If the checker leaves, she leaves. Life still goes on .....
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6 to Hall

to Hall
said by Hall:

I wanted to be checked out without having to go to the end of another line and that is what happened.

I was curious on what other people thought should happen when the grocery store checkout lane light is turned off. Should the customers currently in line be forced to go to the end of another line or should the cashier check out everybody currently in line when the light is turned off?

From the previous replies, people have different opinions.
Russ6

Russ6 to kherr

to kherr
said by kherr:

I thought about doing that, and probably would have if the cashier hadn't come back and checked me out. The problem with that is I needed the food and would have to go to another store and start shopping all over again.

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
USA

Lone Wolf to kherr

Premium Member

to kherr
said by kherr:

I've done that before. Not only does it anger management, it creates work for the employees who must return the items in your cart to the shelves.

Shows management it's cheaper to keep the checkout open and pay the cashier instead of losing a sale and paying someone to put the crap back.

jubangy
Premium Member
join:2005-03-26
Corry, PA

jubangy to Russ6

Premium Member

to Russ6
said by Russ6:

said by Hall:

I wanted to be checked out without having to go to the end of another line and that is what happened.

I was curious on what other people thought should happen when the grocery store checkout lane light is turned off. Should the customers currently in line be forced to go to the end of another line or should the cashier check out everybody currently in line when the light is turned off?

I want I want I want....
is half the reason good customer service is getitng so hard to find these days. People are so dam whiny and bitchy any more when it comes to customer service reps such as cashiers that it is ridiculous. Heres a switch, how about take your ass to the grocery store when you know you have time to compensate for a mishap or 2? Nah that would make sense make everybodys life hell while you stand there whining and bitching how your time is so much more precious then everyone elses. Maybe people should just start randomly picking businesses to drop in on and start bitchig at the employees for the hell of it. hell i dont even work in cs but pisses me off none the less. And now come Black friday, the same people who bitch about how the cashier screwed up will go shopping and make complete ASSES of themselves up to and including slamming old ladies into walls.
What a world we live in, me me i want i want but half cant pay their electric or rent but I bet will be grabbing all the goodies on nov 23rd.
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6

said by jubangy:

said by Russ6:

said by Hall:

I want I want I want....
is half the reason good customer service is getitng so hard to find these days. People are so dam whiny and bitchy any more when it comes to customer service reps such as cashiers that it is ridiculous. Heres a switch, how about take your ass to the grocery store when you know you have time to compensate for a mishap or 2? Nah that would make sense make everybodys life hell while you stand there whining and bitching how your time is so much more precious then everyone elses. Maybe people should just start randomly picking businesses to drop in on and start bitchig at the employees for the hell of it. hell i dont even work in cs but pisses me off none the less. And now come Black friday, the same people who bitch about how the cashier screwed up will go shopping and make complete ASSES of themselves up to and including slamming old ladies into walls.
What a world we live in, me me i want i want but half cant pay their electric or rent but I bet will be grabbing all the goodies on nov 23rd.

If you allow people to take advantage of you, that is your business. I am not willing to let people take advantage of me.
kherr
Premium Member
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL

kherr to jubangy

Premium Member

to jubangy
said by jubangy:

said by Russ6:

said by Hall:

I want I want I want....

+1

If I get in a line and the cashier closes, I think to myself “Got in the wrong line again”, backup and go to another line and check out. It’s part of life to get in the wrong line at the wrong time. All the time the OP wasted, he could have been checked out and driving home. Things happen. It’s part of life. Move on already!!

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to Russ6

MVM

to Russ6
nm