Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tito
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Chapel Hill, NC

Problem with Showtime

Anyone other Showtime subs having trouble with the channels? Showcase, Sho Next, and Sho Beyond show the correct program info in the guide, but the show being aired is the same exact one that is on the regular Showtime channel. Also, The Movie Channel Extra is showing the same programming as The Movie Channel.

EdE

@comcast.net
with Directv the guide also shows the same on the extra channels. I guess showtime is saving money !!!

notme1232

@comcast.net
It's because of Hurricane Sandy. Checking the showtime website they have a message on the daily schedule page:

All Times ET/PT. DUE TO THE EFFECTS OF HURRICANE SANDY, PROGRAMMING SCHEDULES FOR SHOWTIME SHOWCASE, SHO BEYOND, SHO NEXT, SHO WOMEN, AND THE MOVIE CHANNEL XTRA MAY TEMPORARILY DIFFER THAN WHAT APPEARS HERE

kev

@charter.com
reply to EdE
the showtime schedule page on the web says programming may vary due to hurricane sandy's effects

tito
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Chapel Hill, NC
reply to tito
Yeah, I saw that when I went to their website (I didn't even think to check that!), and they were also doing a crawl on the bottom of the affected channels. Thanks for the replies!

dlathem
Premium
join:2000-08-11
Birmingham, AL
reply to tito
I saw this for the first time last night. I called ATT Uverse Support. A non English speaking person put me on hold after I told her what the problem was. She returned to tell me that the problem with with Showtime and was related to the storm in NY. She then proceeded to instruct me to re-boot the box to see if this clears up the issue. I asked her which is it..a Showtime problem or a box problem? I have not had to call ATT Uverse much since May, but this was the biggest idiot I have encountered, so far, with ATT UVTV.