Brook Park, OH
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·WOW Internet and..
·magicjack.com
·Callcentric
reply to fartness

Re: Credit card warranties

The screen on the Kindle I got for my niece two Christmases ago just crapped out about a week ago (vertical and horizontal white lines on a gray background on the right half of the screen, gray and black vertical lines on a white background on the top left quadrant, part of an image that just won't go away, only the bottom left quadrant still works).

I called Amazon and they offered the following replacement choices: a 6" Kindle with special offers for $54.00 or a refurb Kindle Touch with free 3G with special offers for $104.00. (The screen issue is non-repairable). My niece had the Kindle Keyboard with free 3G... not too impressed with Amazon's offers.

The Citibank Mastercard I used to purchase it has an extended warranty benefit that doubles the Kindle's one year warranty, so I'm going to file a claim on Monday. The warranty company that Citibank uses, TWG Innovative Solutions, wants the following info:

- Claim form (I have to call TWGIS Monday to get this)
- Receipt (is a printout of my original Amazon order OK?)
- Credit card statement showing the Kindle purchase (still have it!)
- Original manufacturer's warranty (I found it on Amazon's site and printed it out... wonder if that would be good enough?)
- "Itemized purchase receipt(s)" - Do I need *another* receipt??
- Service contract or optional extended warranty (N/A)
- Itemized repair estimate - would a printout of the email I got from Amazon CS with the replacement options they offered me be good enough?

Hopefully it won't be too much of a battle. I wonder if TWGIS would just credit me the $54 replacement cost of the cheapest Kindle or the $104 for the 3G Kindle Touch since that's closer to her Kindle Keyboard? (I highly doubt I would get the $189 original purchase price?)

EDIT: Too bad AMEX doesn't offer a virtual CC number like my Citibank card does... from what I've read online, AMEX's extended warranty claim process is much friendlier than those of Mastercard and Visa.