dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to Nezmo

Re: Apple now has a Lightning to Micro USB Cable

said by Nezmo:

And I already said they can charge more than $2, just not the silly prices you are apparently prepared to pay.

if i go to a store to buy a charger for my device, they are all $20-$30...so, you pay $30 for a micro USB cable, or $30 for an Apple cable...the only difference is you won't be able to buy a Lightning cable for $2 each off ebay...personally, i don't care...having worked in the industry, and seen the varying degrees of quality of items, i'd rather have something made to some sort of minimum standards to ensure my $700 device isn't damaged from some POS $2 cable.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
said by dirtyjeffer:

said by Nezmo:

And I already said they can charge more than $2, just not the silly prices you are apparently prepared to pay.

if i go to a store to buy a charger for my device, they are all $20-$30...so, you pay $30 for a micro USB cable, or $30 for an Apple cable...the only difference is you won't be able to buy a Lightning cable for $2 each off ebay...personally, i don't care...having worked in the industry, and seen the varying degrees of quality of items, i'd rather have something made to some sort of minimum standards to ensure my $700 device isn't damaged from some POS $2 cable.

Excuse me? You can get 5 star micro usb cables off amazon for $5. Go to the site if you don't believe me.