spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Torrid Zone
join:2009-06-13
Carmel, NY

Torrid Zone

Video Outage

Anyone in the Carmel N.Y. area lose their video only. My video went out early this morning and is still out. Rebooted all set top boxes and the ONT but it's still out. Telephone and Internet are OK. I wasn't able to speak to a Verizon Tech Rep. I never lost service during or after the storm so I'm not sure if this is something storm related.
Yank15
join:2008-08-26
New York, NY

Yank15

I am in Manhattan (VHO 5) and like you lost TV service but still have internet and phone. After a surprisingly short wait time I spoke with tech support who told there is known video outage in my area and that Verizon is working on it but they did not have a timetable as to when it might be remedied.

They told me I would still have VOD service and access to my recorded programming on my DVR if I did not try and re-boot. However I did re-boot before contacting them and the DVR is frozen on the "Starting up.......one moment screen on my TV". They apologized and said I would never had known not to try and re-boot. Oh well, just have to wait it out.

ssi10562
@verizon.net

ssi10562 to Torrid Zone

Anon

to Torrid Zone
Same situation in the West End of New Castle (Millwood/Ossining border). Phone and internet are OK, all FiOS TV is out. I spoke to a Verizon tech rep this morning who confirmed the outage. He also said that Manhattan was out too.

JMartinez
@verizon.net

JMartinez to Torrid Zone

Anon

to Torrid Zone
Same thing here in Yonkers, NY. Rebooted all four TVs and nothing, been calling support but all their lines are busy (how convenient). I have had service all week after the storm so don't know what happened today. Plus phone and internet still work.
Torrid Zone
join:2009-06-13
Carmel, NY

Torrid Zone to Yank15

to Yank15
Same here. All my boxes are stuck on the starting up screen. Thanks' everyone.

MiNdErAsR
Dark Lord of Sriracha
join:2000-11-25
Outer Limits

MiNdErAsR to Torrid Zone

to Torrid Zone
I lost video (also in Carmel) but it came back about 1:30 PM or so.
Yank15
join:2008-08-26
New York, NY

Yank15

I am still down even though I got an automated call around 5:00 pm telling me that the problem has been resolved and I should be able to watch TV and if it hasn't been resolved to contact tech support.

I have been on hold waiting for the next available tech support person for 27 minutes now.

garyalex67
@myvzw.com

garyalex67

Anon

I'm in the financial district in NYC. I've lost tv, internet and my landline. Verizon says repairs will be completed by Nov 19. Two weeks. I know their CO was hit hard by the storm but two weeks? At least we have power again.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to Torrid Zone

to Torrid Zone
must be an issue in Downtown Manhattan as I'm in VHO 5 in Gramercy Park (Manhattan) and havn't had any issues at all today
Bytezboy
join:2001-05-17
New York, NY

Bytezboy to Torrid Zone

to Torrid Zone
Still no TV here in lower east side.
lee7n
join:2012-11-05

lee7n to Torrid Zone

to Torrid Zone
Had no service at all yesterday. This morning internet and phone back but no TV. I am in midtown east and never lost services during the storm until now.

Akrna
@verizon.net

Akrna

Anon

Same, in midtown east and no issues throughout storm until yesterday when everything went down. Today Internet and phone is back. Tv is still down.
lee7n
join:2012-11-05

lee7n to Torrid Zone

to Torrid Zone
Got TV back in Midtown East (Tudor City) by the time I got home from work.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

We have no power since 10/29.
I connected the ONT to the generator today and all services are working on VHO7.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by icemannyr1:

I connected the ONT to the generator today and all services are working on VHO7.

Do you know if the central office you're connected to has power or not? If it doesn't, I feel pretty good about Verizon's network for video and Internet in that it has power backup too, just like the ole POTS network does.
flashcore
join:2007-01-23
united state

flashcore

said by PJL:

said by icemannyr1:

Do you know if the central office you're connected to has power or not? If it doesn't, I feel pretty good about Verizon's network for video and Internet in that it has power backup too, just like the ole POTS network does.

I can tell you the central office I am connected to has 2 large diesel generators on the side of the building and through all the storms we have had here in Maryland I have never lost TV/Inet/Phone even when I was running off my generator. I cant say the same about Comcast tho, they would die whenever the power was out for more then a few minutes.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by flashcore:

said by PJL:

said by icemannyr1:

I can tell you the central office I am connected to has 2 large diesel generators on the side of the building and through all the storms we have had here in Maryland I have never lost TV/Inet/Phone even when I was running off my generator. I cant say the same about Comcast tho, they would die whenever the power was out for more then a few minutes.

Thanks for the reply. I have to believe that Verizon runs the FiOS infrastructure like they did the old Telco system -- with much redundancy and robust power backup.